The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

20 years ago that a lot of them arrived. Now slightly over 20 years since the game Spittal went in goals whilst Balfour was off injured.

Next year is the 20 year anniversary of the title, here's hoping it's celebrated accordingly.

The wife works with spits. Will remind him via her. Genuine dont think theirs many players who walk away from a club that are never forgotten (Where applicable[emoji6])

One o my favs. Around 40 o us in a pub just off great western road waiting on Simon vickers who was a bar tender and played no more than a few min for us...

Were like fuk this. Boy fae down south. Flag oot over kelvin bridge. Singing like fuk.Should have seen his face when he turned up for his shift[emoji23][emoji6]

Total respect to the Boy,He bought everyone a drink from his wages that probably cost him a few shifts but to a man he was treated like one of our own..

Great days

20 years ago that a lot of them arrived. Now slightly over 20 years since the game Spittal went in goals whilst Balfour was off injured.
Next year is the 20 year anniversary of the title, here's hoping it's celebrated accordingly.

Was it not that Balfour was stuck in traffic and couldn’t get to the game on time? Do seem to recall that he came on in the second half...

That was Wylie and that was a later game v Alloa. I think he travelled with our other keeper Gordon McIntyre which compounded it.

This was a 0-0 draw with East Fife; Balfour got clattered and spent a good ten minutes getting treatment whilst Spittal went in goals. Balfour ended up coming back on. No sub keepers in those days. If I remember correctly we used four different keepers (McIntyre, Sexton, Balfour, Spittal) in our first three league games!

On 09/09/2018 at 10:28, David W said:

That was Wylie and that was a later game v Alloa. I think he travelled with our other keeper Gordon McIntyre which compounded it.

This was a 0-0 draw with East Fife; Balfour got clattered and spent a good ten minutes getting treatment whilst Spittal went in goals. Balfour ended up coming back on. No sub keepers in those days. If I remember correctly we used four different keepers (McIntyre, Sexton, Balfour, Spittal) in our first three league games!

Was that also the season we beat Raith 4-0 at Starks Park in the SC, and then got thumped 6-0 at Morton in the next round?

16 hours ago, forzapars said:

What’s the story with David Hopkirk these days? Has he played for you yet?

Hasn't kicked a ball or been seen since he signed. That's been put down to personal issues. Dont think we will ever see him play which is a shame because from what I've heard he's a decent player.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:53, shawfield shed boy said:

Q to older (Than me) Supporters

Has this always beem the case that we didnt play on international weekends

Really is daft !!

Cant remember the year, (03/04 maybe) Clyde played an early kick off and then we got to watch the Scotland game.  We played QOTS that day.  Im with you, dont see the reason to have a free weekend.  Unless Goody gets that call up he clearly deserves:thumsup2

Think there was a game in 2005/06 too against St Mirren which we played at 1pm as Scotland were playing same day. We were winning then ended up losing 2-1 after Charlie Adam decided to handball his way to equalising, turning the game in their favour.

I wylie had a great game for morton that day!! Throwing the first 3or4 in wasnt great but i felt it was a wee bit too much as he waved to the fans behind the home goal as the 5th & 6th rolled past him [emoji23]...

Apart fae that game done us a great job after bombscares like Mcintyre and another who i gladly cant remember[emoji6]

21 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

I wylie had a great game for morton that. Throwing the first 3or4 in wasnt great but i felt it was a wee bit too much as he waved to the fans behind the home goal as the 5th & 6themoji23.png...

Apart fae that game done us a great job after bombscares like Mcintyre and another who i gladly cant rememberemoji6.png

Worst keeper I can remember and only remember in terms of badness was a guy Robertson, he played against Alloa at Firhil we lost 4-2 which was the first time I can remember teams like Alloa. Actuality cross the half way line 4 times, for the last 10 minutes of that game I stood behind his goal giving solid abuse