The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Claims from who ?

Or were you in the Edinburgh/ peterhead dressing room when he turned up at 2.30?
Someone on this forum fairly recently. Think it might have been an Edinburgh fan in their thread and it would probably go some way to explaining his mysterious exit from the club. It's hardly a character assassination, and if you'd actually read what I said in its entirety then you'd have seen a pretty balanced account of what I know about Karim.

Someone on this forum fairly recently. Think it might have been an Edinburgh fan in their thread and it would probably go some way to explaining his mysterious exit from the club. It's hardly a character assassination, and if you'd actually read what I said in its entirety then you'd have seen a pretty balanced account of what I know about Karim.
Must be true then thanks [emoji106]

3 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Would i be correct in thinking the 13th October will be a blank weekend also for Clyde?

Looks like it. Ridiculous that league 2 games are off due to Scotland games, especially with inevitable postponements over winter. 

Q to older (Than me) Supporters

Has this always beem the case that we didnt play on international weekends

Really is daft !!
Apart from home internationals ( and the season was finished) all internationals were midweek no disruption to fixtures and should have stayed that way
Why they have stopped lower league football is anyone's guess the urn bru cup is on

Q to older (Than me) Supporters

Has this always beem the case that we didnt play on international weekends

Really is daft !!
Mid-season International weekends didn't really exist in the old days. Internationals were played on Wednesdays.

Nonsense that there are no league games.
Regretful that we treated the Hamilton colts game as a friendly.

A weekend in September and a weekend in October free from league games, another non-sensical move from the governing bodies. 

Also, why does the premier league get a break when lower leagues don’t? They don’t have many(or any) postponements.

Scottish football is upside down in some aspects. 

Watched him play for Edinburgh City as a trialist 17/18 pre-season and again for City when he signed.

He’s got good technical ability but zero link-up play. Receives the ball and tries to do everything on his own.

Can’t comment on his character (as some are) but if Lennon can coach him to become a team player then you’ve good a good addition to your squad. If not, he’ll be on his way in January probably.

True, we could have had a glamour tie today against st Mirren colts.
You're right. Who would want to beat a St Mirren colt team to progress in a national cup competition?

Who would want to have a chance for an away draw to see Clyde playing in Ireland, Northern Ireland or Wales?

It's so much better sitting in the house on a Saturday afternoon.

You're right. Who would want to beat a St Mirren colt team to progress in a national cup competition?

Who would want to have a chance for an away draw to see Clyde playing in Ireland, Northern Ireland or Wales?

It's so much better sitting in the house on a Saturday afternoon.

I actually agree with you, despite my previous flippant comment. Totally disagree with the inclusion of colts but would rather we hammered them and progressed than limp out meekly.

However, quite rightly the league should be the number 1 priority this season!

Great clyde guys and even more important real football men...

Total respect to marko. Convery. Mclay (Playing in his 40s for glencairn) Mccusker and Carrigan (Big part of GB fan page) to name just a few who loved their football and how lucky were we to have them??!

Remember talking to an Arhthurlie commitee man who had to force marko senior and anyone who watched his debut may have thought his level was junior after his 1st game away to stenny which we won 4-3 during that game!!..

Thankfully with the correct coaching he became an utter rock and to this day cant believe he was never capped more than donkeys like Hanley,Martin and Wilkie to name a few