The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

I'm going to put this out their

Rankin is he stealing a starting place ahead of others

Can he be dropped ?

I think he needs to be, what does he do in a match, with all this so called experience he has, he rarely wins a tackle his distribution is not great.

The worst thing is he has no legs for a whole match, the pace of the game on Saturday showed this all day.

He went into the middle on Saturday and at the expense of Grant, the best passer of the ball we have in their.

Its time to drop him

18 minutes ago, Arbuckle said:

He went into the middle on Saturday and at the expense of Grant, the best passer of the ball we have in their.

was it not more out of necessity as no one else available to fill in at left back due to injury to Jordan Stewart and Dylan Cogill having a nightmare against Edinburgh.

But agree Rankin has failed to truly impress so far.

Edited by jagr68

I'm going to put this out their
Rankin is he stealing a starting place ahead of others
Can he be dropped ?
I think he needs to be, what does he do in a match, with all this so called experience he has, he rarely wins a tackle his distribution is not great.
The worst thing is he has no legs for a whole match, the pace of the game on Saturday showed this all day.
Its time to drop him

Got to say I agree with a lot of this. Didn’t really impress when given a chance playing centrally on Saturday. When we have everyone fit and available I’m not sure he is in our best 11.

Agree on Rankin. Passenger. Doonhammers called it.

Re "Karim". This is Karim Belmokhtar…?

Be pleased if so, though we could really use more presence up-top. And we're still a bit underpowered in the centre of the park (year after year...).

Be pleased if so, though we could really use more presence up-top. And we're still a bit underpowered in the centre of the park (year after year...).
I still think Rankin does a lot of chasing down in midfield that we'd miss if he wasn't there. He will bring experience onto the pitch. As for no legs, he's an older player who should be able to manage his game to suit.

Don't know how you don't think DGW doesn't give us a presence up front ? or do mean by presence a couple of big lumps that Annan had on Saturday I'm quite happy to have karime or love up front with DGW I agree we need a bit of drive from the centre of midfield nobody who will get beyond and get into the box I'm disappointed with Rankin I thought we would get a bit more out of him and wouldn't be concerned if he is replaced .the Stewart injury is a blow . Hopefully a few a shunted out the door and we can get in at least one fullback . We do have Tom Lang coming back which will be like a new signing I think I probably underestimated how well Edinburgh played against us last week

I really think 4-2-3-1 formation would suit our midfield with Nicol and grant/rankin as the deep sitting 2 and a more attacking trio supporting Goodwillie, probably love, Lamont and Mcstay.

Not convinced the narrow diamond we usually play gets the best out of everyone.

I really think 4-2-3-1 formation would suit our midfield with Nicol and grant/rankin as the deep sitting 2 and a more attacking trio supporting Goodwillie, probably love, Lamont and Mcstay.

Not convinced the narrow diamond we usually play gets the best out of everyone.

Would think the manager will have our 2 new players playing a big part in the weeks to come both come with a good reputation and creates real competion in the attacking 3rd of the park got to think a few might move on from the squad.