The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Was a cracking player years ago with Airdrie, i'm sure he went to Rangers and also played down south, had no idea he was still playing, must be about 50 now.
35 hasn't played for a while but worth a punt I think good player

39 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:
Was a cracking player years ago with Airdrie, i'm sure he went to Rangers and also played down south, had no idea he was still playing, must be about 50 now.

35 hasn't played for a while but worth a punt I think good player

Maybe worth a punt for a season, he certainly was a real talent.

Maybe worth a punt for a season, he certainly was a real talent.
Went to Falkirk after us then made the worst decision in his career moving to Rangers, hardly kicked a ball after that and faded into oblivion.
Still scored one of the best goals I've ever seen for Airdrie, against Brechin I'm sure.

7 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Went to Falkirk after us then made the worst decision in his career moving to Rangers, hardly kicked a ball after that and faded into oblivion.
Still scored one of the best goals I've ever seen for Airdrie, against Brechin I'm sure.

I mind a game you beat us 3-1 at new Broomfield about 2004ish he was unplayable that day. Think he got the 3rd goal too.

Mind the days when we brought in proven strikers for this level.

Always remember us signing Ian Harty who always scored a goal or two. I reckon a player like that is what we need. Some one who knows where the goal is because let’s face it, DGW must get snapped up this year surely...

Mind the days when we brought in proven strikers for this level.

Always remember us signing Ian Harty who always scored a goal or two. I reckon a player like that is what we need. Some one who knows where the goal is because let’s face it, DGW must get snapped up this year surely...
When we signed Harty we were competing at the top of the first division/championship. We can't cherry pick a goal scorer from league one or two these days. If we can get a striker cut from the same cloth as McStay, Grant or the Huddersfield lads then would be doing well.

11 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

That is actually not a bad shout BTW!!

Suppose it would depend where he is located etc

Stranger things have happened but he's played for Blackburn and Kilmarnock in the last year or so and been able to compete well for both. Plus, we've got the biggest pool of centre-backs on planet earth.

Sign him and Paul Quinn. Get us a ridiculously high quality defence. And still have only one proper centre-forward...!

There'd be something really absurd about those three playing League 2, particularly in the same XI. Cheating, you'd have to call it.

1 hour ago, Sao Paulo said:

There'd be something really absurd about those three playing League 2, particularly in the same XI. Cheating, you'd have to call it.

"Cheating" is perhaps a tad strong SP, more of a "hell for leather" financial gamble I'd call it, although I'd fully concede that the risk of not being promoted with that level of investment would be absurdly low.