The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

All talk is pretty cheap - we've had plenty of rosy pictures painted and empty words thrown around down the years - but while he can come across as a bit vain or show-offy at times, Innes has clearly brought a drive, focus and direction, which were previously missing, to all involved with the club. His initial footballing strategy of recruiting an experienced League 2 manager who'd achieved fairly well under budgetary constraints at Annan - presumably with an emphasis on saving money in the short term, for whatever reason - was flawed but not completely without merit, although it did turn into a complete farce which even the most pessimistic of us couldn't have envisaged. Where previous boardrooms may have waited things out, Innes acted swiftly and decisively and has brought in a very good management team, which seems to share his ambition for the club. Bar 58 (RIP) looked like a burgeoning venture, the Arria Lounge looks to have great potential, player recruitment/retention has been a roaring success (thus far) and our budget has clearly grown with increased revenue streams. It's nice to be able to read a statement like that and have a confidence that, given the clear progress under his leadership to date, the words mean something tangible and aren't just lazy cliches. 

£300 extra for a half time pie and a programme plus the  privilege of paying £40 for a lunch.

I'll be asking for my refund.

I hope I'll be able to put it back in elsewhere but feel like the club have taken the piss on this. At the very least we should have been contacted before the website update.

£300 extra for a half time pie and a programme plus the  privilege of paying £40 for a lunch.
I hope I'll be able to put it back in elsewhere but feel like the club have taken the piss on this. At the very least we should have been contacted before the website update.
Certainly if you feel it's not value for money then ask for a refund
Just out of interest what has changed in the arria membership since you purchased it , as it seemed quite clear at the time what you were getting for 575 ?

What did you make of chairman's message ?
I thought it was excellent

This is an extraordinary statement in content/ tone and bombast. Either a madman, or a genius!

That said I would buy into it- his progress so far has been excellent- even having the balls to sack Chapman so soon was right but a lesser man would have shied away from reversing his call so quickly- and with a bit of luck (and Keeping DGW) this should be a really good season. Leadership is critical and while I have never met the man he seems well worth supporting.

If you ask nicely, perhaps a portion of sour grapes can be made available at HT and a doggy bag to take home any cold shoulder and grouse left over from the buffet in the Boardroom.

8 hours ago, maxruby said:

If you ask nicely, perhaps a portion of sour grapes can be made available at HT and a doggy bag to take home any cold shoulder and grouse left over from the buffet in the Boardroom.

Ignoring the cheap digs at someone who paid out a lot more than I normally do when I saw the advert and wanted to back the management. When I return from Canada then I will be the first person in the Arria Lounge giving Danny my support.

I've read the chairman's statement and I am fully behind him.

Despite being fully behind him; I am still allowed to be critical when things go wrong. It seems to be now that if you are unhappy or disappointed in the club then you are unwanted or a "failure fanatic". Ally Love being a case in point. That is unhealthy. Every regime should be open to criticism, then they should improve. I'm positive about the future off the pitch but more so about it with Danny Lennon on the pitch. It's a football club, not a cult.

Ignoring the cheap digs at someone who paid out a lot more than I normally do when I saw the advert and wanted to back the management. When I return from Canada then I will be the first person in the Arria Lounge giving Danny my support.
I've read the chairman's statement and I am fully behind him.
Despite being fully behind him; I am still allowed to be critical when things go wrong. It seems to be now that if you are unhappy or disappointed in the club then you are unwanted or a "failure fanatic". Ally Love being a case in point. That is unhealthy. Every regime should be open to criticism, then they should improve. I'm positive about the future off the pitch but more so about it with Danny Lennon on the pitch. It's a football club, not a cult.
The chairman has made it clear that he sets aside time before each game to speak to fans , why not meet him . I have he is very frank and honest , having been one of his biggest critics half way through last season well look at the improvements on and off the park is quite remarkable and say it again had to put my hands up and apologise to him personally before the legends lunch , his reaction no need to apologise it is health to challenge, so I would suggest meeting with him.

Ps it isn't wrong to criticise unfortunately for years at the club it was frowned upon and anyone who did was classed not a real fan , by all means challenge the club and there is an avenue to take your views right to the top

Had a good laugh when I read this.
You would be at the front for these as you are the biggest moaner on our threads and Clyde’s OS. [emoji23]

If I was a silver member I would certainly be annoyed at the Arria Lounge situation. I understand the club are looking to make it accessible as possible following the closure of Bar 58 but to pay more for exclusive access to the Arria Lounge & now it’s open to everyone, i’d be asking questions. 

If I was a silver member I would certainly be annoyed at the Arria Lounge situation. I understand the club are looking to make it accessible as possible following the closure of Bar 58 but to pay more for exclusive access to the Arria Lounge & now it’s open to everyone, i’d be asking questions. 

But you’re not.

"Supporters should note that the Bar 58 facility will no longer be available, following a decision by the Licensing Board and Police Scotland" Sounds like the peeps in charge of denouncing scum have  designated the clyde supporters as scum. Utter Scum. The truth is out.:thumsup2:lol:

I can only speak from my own experiences, but the few occasions I've had a conversation with Norrie he's always been very open and honest about when things have went wrong - Chapman et al. But his passion for building the club up is obvious and he has worked extremely hard to make sure we've got the caliber of management and playing staff we do today. Above all else, he's making the tough calls previous chairmen have perhaps not had the cajones  to make. The Bar58/Arria situation was going to be a lose-lose situation. It seem's to me that the club are trying to do their best to give all supporters something instead of losing Bar58 and "tough tits" basically. I really enjoyed Norrie's statement and am optimistic about our future under his & Danny's stewardship.

Viva la Bully Wee!