The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Bearing in mind killie we were 2-1 up until an hour or so.

Little did we know that this was the beginning of Chapman's Clyde teams continuously losing from winning positions.

This season, I'm a wee bit worried about our lack of goal scoring opportunities. Few against Edinburgh City and only one or two against QoS.

It's all very well saying the midfield are composed etc but they're not creating enough chances.

As I've said elsewhere, they need to be more aware of the through ball to Goodwillie who makes decent runs. Too often the pass is late leading to him being caught offside.

Early days though but many of the team were playing together last season which should be beneficial.

Hopefully, Danny Lennon gets it sorted soon.

My verdict after watching our last 3 games.

Currie was superb against QOS (thankfully, or it could have been very embarassing). McNiff getting stick?? He's easily been our best central defender in the two games he played. Not convinced about Gorman so far. I don't understand playing Cuddihy at right-back. Duffie, McNiff, Cogill and Stewart would be my choice of defence, With Rankin playing in front we shouldn't lose too many goals. Not seen enough of Rumsby.

In midfield McStay has been nowhere near yet the standard he reached when he won Player of the Month last season.  Cuddihy, Grant, Nicoll and Boyle have shown up well in spells. Not consistently enough though. Same with Lamont. 

Up front, Ferns is a speed-merchant, but needs to work on his crossing which has been dreadful so far. Love was excellent against Hamilton, but nowhere near as good against QOS. And as for Goodie, I know I'll get stick for saying anything against him - but I think he's been poor, by his standards, in his last 2 games. He obviously needs more assistance up front, as he's trying to do it all on his own - even when he's got a team-mate to pass to. We either need to give Millar more game time, or let him go out on loan to get it.

Finally, disappointing as the final result was against QOS, we actually played well in the 1st half and parts of the 2nd. Fortunately we won't have to play against any strikers as good as Dobbie every week.

Not too concerned about the Betfred Cup results - as long as we're using these games to get it right for the League.

23 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Just watched the highlights some awful defending Gorman looked at fault for first two
Needs sorted before the start of the season

First two goals is a case in point.  As good as he is, Dobbie's completely unmarked.  That's not necessarily down to lack of ability, it's just organisation.  Put a Marko type in there and you'd see a big difference.

The likes of Cogill and Lang have real potential but you've got to give them a chance, stick a bit of experience next to them, help them through the games.  Seasoned pros like McColl and Ahern brought on Dempsey and Flexney, it's no exactly a new concept.  But if the budget's used up it'll just need to be hard work on the training ground.

Saw some folk ask about the new kits a few posts ago. Just got the new third kit delivered today. I’m usually a medium/large on football kits but this one is a size L/XL but fits me more like a medium, so just a heads up for anyone considering buying one of the new kits.

Other than that I love it. Plain and simple all red with two sponsors on the back which include show racism the red card. Material is a bit thin but that’s how I prefer them. Much prefer this over the all black away kit. IMG_1532105162.378466.jpg

Fans vs Fans game another great event today. Danny and Allan handled themselves superbly and were a credit to the club (even giving the players an insight into how things are run on a match day). Thanks to all of the volunteers involved also.

FWIW, Danny also confirmed we’re still looking to bring in two players, including a big target-man to play the ball through to Goodwillie.