The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Ah well another season over with bitter disappointment. Oh it’s only the 1st competitive match and the middle of July...

I wasn’t there to see the game however, by all accounts we didn’t play well at all but I can’t help but feel there is an overreaction to this result today. It’s the first competitive match of the season. Some players playing that didn’t play many of the pre season matches (one or two just back from holiday) if we are still playing like this going in to late August/early September I’ll be worried then.

The panic button can stay locked away just now. No need to press it.

Ah well another season over with bitter disappointment. Oh it’s only the 1st competitive match and the middle of July...

I wasn’t there to see the game however, by all accounts we didn’t play well at all but I can’t help but feel there is an overreaction to this result today. It’s the first competitive match of the season. Some players playing that didn’t play many of the pre season matches (one or two just back from holiday) if we are still playing like this going in to late August/early September I’ll be worried then.

The panic button can stay locked away just now. No need to press it.

You weren't there the second half performance was utter s***e as bad as anything under Chapman . Yeah pay your 12 quid and say nothing. The team get praise when they do well so they have to take criticism when they produce a performance like that nobody has pressed the panic button as you say where did anyone say the season was over? We have an extremely talented squad who are capable of making a right good go at gaining promotion. Let's hope they take this a kick up the backside

Guest Landan Spiv

Can I ask why Clyde charged £2.50 for a 12 page programme that was pretty crap to say the least? Also it was laughable when you lot were abusing your own physio for helping one of our players due to a clash of heads. As for the game we completely outplayed you the second half, Goodwillie was in Balatonis pocket for most of the game. Your last minute goal I suppose was fair, you did look sharper and created a lot more chances then we did. Don't know what I can predict with Clyde this season but if you try and carry on pumping long balls up to Goodwillie and it doesn't work you'll be in for a longer season than you think. First half though you looked a superb side 

Guest Landan Spiv
2 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Can I ask why Clyde charged £2.50 for a 12 page programme that was pretty crap to say the least? Also it was laughable when you lot were abusing your own physio for helping one of our players due to a clash of heads. As for the game we completely outplayed you the second half, Goodwillie was in Balatonis pocket for most of the game. Your last minute goal I suppose was fair, you did look sharper and created a lot more chances then we did. Don't know what I can predict with Clyde this season but if you try and carry on pumping long balls up to Goodwillie and it doesn't work you'll be in for a longer season than you think. First half though you looked a superb side 

By creating chances and sharper I mean first half. Forgot to add that in 

Firstly haven't bought a programme for years in fact I got one free at a function near the end of the season it may well still be sitting on the table [emoji23] it's full of a load of towing the party line guff , in fact last season they even produced an article calling the fans nasty Yeah couldn't make it up. On to the game wasn't a huge amount of chances thought we played well first half but after Edinburgh scored game changed , Edinburgh looked a solid team good defence, but to be honest I thought you were a better team going forward last season in the end up Edinburgh deserved the extra point . As for the injured players Edinburgh did go down at every opportunity and why didn't the two injured players not go off the park ?

You weren't there the second half performance was utter s***e as bad as anything under Chapman . Yeah pay your 12 quid and say nothing. The team get praise when they do well so they have to take criticism when they produce a performance like that nobody has pressed the panic button as you say where did anyone say the season was over? We have an extremely talented squad who are capable of making a right good go at gaining promotion. Let's hope they take this a kick up the backside

I was just commenting on various social media streams and on here that many, in my opinion, were going a wee bit over the top and seemed to think we were doomed to a bad season off the back of one match we didn’t even lose in 90 minutes.

I do agree i hope it’s a kick up the backside and by the time the league starts we are on form. Everyone is allowed an opinion on the football club they support, I never claimed and would never claim they are not allowed one.

Really need more options up front to allow us to mix it up. Can’t expect Goodie to be the difference in every match.

Miller not good enough and Hopkirk (if anyone finds him) made of glass so Goodie needs some help up there. If someone signs him before the window shuts we are really in trouble!

Guest Landan Spiv
1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

Really need more options up front to allow us to mix it up. Can’t expect Goodie to be the difference in every match.

Miller not good enough and Hopkirk (if anyone finds him) made of glass so Goodie needs some help up there. If someone signs him before the window shuts we are really in trouble!

I agree with you as an away fan. You've got no Plan B when Goodwillie isn't in the game so to speak. You need someone up top with him that's capable of creating chances/sticking the ball in the back of the net otherwise if he does go you might not finish as highly as the bookies predict 

Lennon said in his post-match comments that he's looking for one or two more players. And emphasised that there is definitely one area in particular that he wants to add-to. No prizes for guessing which.

That's positive. Would be worried if we were out of the market until January.

. As for the injured players Edinburgh did go down at every opportunity and why didn't the two injured players not go off the park ?

And why was one of their players allowed to be bandaged up on the pitch one yard from the touchline?

Both should have been off the field. No foul was committed.

I have to say though that the referee was fine otherwise.

Edinburgh City impressed me. They'll be difficult to defeat this season and being a big team will be a danger at set pieces.

I don't think they'll be big entertainers though.

Did Danny mention subbing off Duffie after about 15 minutes in his post match? Would like to know the reasons for that
The interview is on the website
But no he didn't in fact he thought we played well

11 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Did Danny mention subbing off Duffie after about 15 minutes in his post match? Would like to know the reasons for that

Almost certainly the quality of his delivery. Lennon and Moore were on at him to get the ball delivered "between the sticks" a few times. Add-in that Cuddihy's quicker and nippier, and that there was only inches to manoeuvre in yesterday. It made sense, really. Only thing that didn't make sense was the change to move Cuddihy into the midfield in first place, and to bring Duffie on at all.

Edited by Sao Paulo