The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Guest Landan Spiv
1 minute ago, cfcuk said:

Hopefully decent turn out today some will still be on holiday, but it's a cracking day the squad looks the best we have had in a long long time . Come on the bully wee

2 0 or 3 1 to the Clyde

Will be a good game. We've looked good in pre season. This is the best city sqaud I've seen since our lowland league title winning team. It'll be closer than some think in my opinion 

On 12/07/2018 at 14:43, haufdaft said:

Membership numbers seem to be falling year by year. I don't really have a reason for this.

I've said many times in the past that if the club really wants to maximise supporter engagement, we should make membership free or discounted for season ticket holders.

Unless of course it's main purpose is purely to increase income.

I had forgotten about it. Maybe the club could send a reminder as I wouldn't have remembered if not for this thread. Now renewed.

Disappointing first-half scoreline. Mon Clyde.

43 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Shall we just sell goodwille and use the cash to buy a personal investigator to find Hopkirk.emoji16.png..

Bench looked weak today in relation to attacking options obv excluding love who was suspended

Nobody has seen Hopkirk, maybe he is with his sidekick Randal.

Second half was appalling as bad as anything dished up in the Chapman days think we had 1 shot on target and that was the goal why was cogdill not playing ?
Ferns st least tried to get forward
The team looked totally disinterested second half the substitutions were a bit baffling but that's what the manager gets paid for hopefully we can get back on track asap

Well that was dreadful, especially 2nd half. I would safely predict we cannot and will not play as bad as that again this season, at times we couldn't even play a simple pass to a team mate, everyone  knows the quality of players we have are so much better than that. I don't care about the stupid BetFred Cup, for me it is basically a more competitive friendly. Much prefer to perform like that now and be ready for when the real action starts.

...as bad as anything dished up in the Chapman days

Exactly the comment I made on my way out.

It looked like we had no system or plan to break down a well organised Edinburgh City.

We had no forward players on the bench capable of changing the game.

As for Duffy being brought on for his guest appearance, I'd have taken him off earlier.

Anyway, it at least give the manager many things to improve on for the season ahead.

Edinburgh had us licked from the off. Any team with any sense will play the way they did against us. For as much quality as we have, we're entirely one dimensional. Keep the space between midfield and defence slim and we're left with featweight young boys, a slouch in John Rankin and a completely isolated centre forward. And that's with Stewart and Cuddihy giving us width, too. Imagine we'd Duffie, Lang, Cogill or McNiff down the flanks from the off. Woahf.

I'm going to coin a phrase here, to spare length repetitions through the season: 'the Berwick problem'. Remember the last match of last season? It was a showcase for how one dimensional we are and for how, without adding-in some real physicality to our forward line and midfield, we will fail to take top spot this season.

The fitness advantage we leveraged in the second-half of last season isn't there any longer. We need a tough, phyiscal partner for Goodie and centre-midfielder that'll let us play a 4-4-2 without worrying about being played through. It's a red line. Very clear and very simple. Find those players and we're untouchable. Carry on as-is and we'll be too predictable to be champions.

All that said, QoS should be a better match for us. QoS aren't likely to approach it in the same way as Edinburgh did.

What a bummer, went with great expectations today. Shocking game to many players came across as not being interested, and they were all wearing white shirts,  a fair few showed today they don't have the heart for it. Second to every ball , and when they finally got it,  they didn't  know what to do with it.  I can accept someone having a poor game , but only if I feel they're trying.

It took Edinburgh about 15 minutes to realise we couldn't hurt them, then they started committing men forward, from then on there only looked like one winner until they were mugged in the 95th minute.

Hope this is not what we're going to have to put up with again this season.