The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

3 hours ago, maxruby said:

Quite agree. Should be absolutely free. No, really.

I mean two adult tickets, half time refreshments, a gift, a t shirt, a ball, a Stadium tour and padded exec seats. How much can that cost?

( Of course you will have carried out your research into the cost of being a mascot with other clubs before giving it the thumbs down, I presume)

I presume it costs the same as this time last year when the club announced the exact same package for £75 before backing down due to criticism from supporters and withdrawing it. 

3 hours ago, maxruby said:

Quite agree. Should be absolutely free. No, really.

I mean two adult tickets, half time refreshments, a gift, a t shirt, a ball, a Stadium tour and padded exec seats. How much can that cost?

( Of course you will have carried out your research into the cost of being a mascot with other clubs before giving it the thumbs down, I presume)

Well guess you either want to support club or not ...other clubs charge in excess of this and I've emailed club about availability for my wee fellas birthday.. still have the memory of being presented with Club pennant myself in 1977-78 by league winning captain Brian Ahern... hopefully this year too! would save me having to feed the two kids at half-time :lol:

Premier league clubs were criticised a few years back for charging excessively with hearts charging £250 to £350 ,  Dundee Utd £450!!

Edited by jagr68
spelling

8 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Last I saw and can access by our search facility is this.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2012/01/04/4030/#.WzJc_hbTWaN

Lot less than then.

Look back at the Facebook group about a year ago and you'll see a screenshot of the clubs commercial catalogue advertising the same package for £75.

If you look at the numerous angry comments under that post you'll see a comment from the SLO saying the club were withdrawing the package due to the criticism of it. Mascots have always been free at Clyde.

**In fact, last year's catalogue is still on the website.

Edited by Fat Sally

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Hopefully we show the same respect to this nonsense cup as we did the last time against Partick Colts and also play our U20's. Defo be giving this a miss.

Won’t go anywhere near a game involving a Colt team, it’s utter nonsense and part of the SPFL aganda to get them in the leagues. Avoid at all cost!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Look back at the Facebook group about a year ago and you'll see a screenshot of the clubs commercial catalogue advertising the same package for £75.
If you look at the numerous angry comments under that post you'll see a comment from the SLO saying the club were withdrawing the package due to the criticism of it. Mascots have always been free at Clyde.
It's not a bad package if you consider you get three passes for the boardroom which will mean two adult entry tickets couple of drinks snacks half time add in t shirt pictures etc and the meeting players experience I think it's probably value for money, but can understand the feeling because it was free in the past

Again like all things if they have priced it wrong the take up will be poor

Wow! You’re an angry one are you not? I care nothing for “angry comments “ nor a comment from our SLO on Facebook. Our whole commercial offer is being developed.
As for mascots being free. Well that was a flaw in the whole concept of being a mascot in this century.
We are a professional football club not a team whose sole purpose is to satisfy the wants of parents to get their kids a photo in The Clyde View.
The offer is the offer. I think it is value for money. Hey! But what do I know? You seem to want the last word in which case I shall back down .
I might just bring a grandchild for the experience. Question is, whose grandchild can I abduct?

I think Cogill suffered a bit of a culture shock at first. I remember a tackle at Berwick that nearly broke him in half and it threw him a wee bit. By the end of his spell he was dominant and added to defensive quality and physical attributes, he's very good on the ball. Such an exciting addition again.

I actually can't believe we can line up with exactly the same eleven that was one of the two best sides in the league post-January.

And then have Hopkirk, Rankin, Lang, Gorman, Rumsby, Ferns added to that, with Love and Grant/Nicoll also not regulars in that spell. 

One striker would probably be all we need now.

Top summer of work. Can't wait for Saturday.