The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

23 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I hear what you are saying SP but I will happily put my faith in Danny to pick the team.

Agreed. f**k SP and his online opinions. He's a pox on this club.

Of course it's no the Rankin of old otherwise he wouldn't be playing in the fucking 2nd Division, or at Falkirk and QoS for that matter

But now he's got a real manager, so we should get the best of what he's got left out him. That would be more than enough

Of course it's no the Rankin of old otherwise he wouldn't be playing in the fucking 2nd Division, or at Falkirk and QoS for that matter

But now he's got a real manager, so we should get the best of what he's got left out him. That would be more than enough

What, it's unbelievable that clubs like Falkirk and QoS could sign a 34 year old formerly good player? [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What, it's unbelievable that clubs like Falkirk and QoS could sign a 34 year old formerly good player? emoji38.png

It's perfectly believable formerly good players would go to two formerly (quite) good clubs

thanks for droppin by, we know you miss us :whistle

It's perfectly believable formerly good players would go to two formerly (quite) good clubs
thanks for droppin by, we know you miss us :whistle

Well that pretty much contradicts your last post then.

Derek lyle is now 37 too old to waste precious resources on would rather have Brian boylan junior international who plays for Kilwinning he's lighting quick and never gives up on a lost cause he would be able to step up easily 

Lyle was in the Sun yesterday; seems he's had a business go tits-up. Link here.

I wouldn't mind us signing him but not to partner or start ahead of David Goodwillie. Perhaps as a backup. He is a fair age now, and never had great speed or strength to support his game. Decent movement in the box, and a decent finisher, but we've got that already.

We could really use some muscle; some presence about the side.

Edited by Sao Paulo

17 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I don’t expect Rankin to be anywhere near like he was, I still expect him to be able to win the ball and distribute it well at our level. Should be a good signing. 

He couldn’t pass water at United so why will he suddenly be able to distribute now he’s past his peak?

when playing at the top level he was pretty much everything that’s wrong with the Scottish game that his ilk play in it.

3 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Seems we're in for peaso again although Elgin might be in for him too 

Source? Be a good signing and a rarely-quick atonement for the error of letting him away.

Probably, you want a fitter and bigger partner for Goodie in the first place, but he gives as-good a '45 minutes as anyone if he's fit. That he barely got to partner Goodie when with Clyde was ridiculous. Two 25-30 a-season forwards; one's on the bench while we're circling the drain? Mental.

18 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Source? Be a good signing and a rarely-quick atonement for the error of letting him away.

Probably, you want a fitter and bigger partner for Goodie in the first place, but he gives as-good a '45 minutes as anyone if he's fit. That he barely got to partner Goodie when with Clyde was ridiculous. Two 25-30 a-season forwards; one's on the bench while we're circling the drain? Mental.

Was mentioned in the Daily Record in an article about Peaso