The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

TV games definitely get extra cash in Beffred Cup, think it was £25k split between the two teams in last season's group stage. Think it's more in the knockout rounds.

In 2011 and 2012 we trotted out Joma catalogue efforts featuring vertical stripes and a weird quartered two-tone effort. This one isn't the perfect home kit, but it looks very smart, features traditional colours and will likely be far most cost-effective than a bespoke effort. I'd rather we had that saved money towards signing players, frankly. On that front, it's great to see we've nabbed ourselves a televised fixture too. Might reduce the crowd a bit but a five-figure sum will be a very welcome addition to the budget.

Won’t be televised live at 3pm?
I'm sick of us always having our kick off times moved for TV.

Why must we, as supporters of a big team like Clyde, have to suffer to fill the coffers of wee diddy teams?

I suppose that's always going to happen when you're box office.

14 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Will this be our first televised 3pm game ever, or were the cup finals shown live as early as the fifties?

Pedantic, but I’m sure the first ever televised game on Alba which was Airdrie vs Clyde was 3pm albeit on a Sunday 

On 31/05/2018 at 23:03, FREDDYFRY said:

Quite happy with Cuddihy, suffered like everyone else under the clown that was Chapman but I think he is a decent player who actually has a lot more to offer.

That  must haven my been my season ticket money from last nights purchase that sealed the deal!

Hopefully we'll shift a fair few more season tickets than last year !!

Friendly against accies on 7th July 12:15 ko. Says restricted attendance though. 

Taken from accies website - 

Saturday 7th July v Clyde, 12.15pm at Broadwood Stadium – Note, this will be ticket only with a restricted entry due to stewarding requirements at Broadwood, with Cumbernauld Colts v Queen’s Park on afterwards at 4pm. Ticket details will be announced once confirmed by Clyde but they will likely have an online / print facility.

Edited by SLClyde