The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Perhaps our chairman is simply putting his money where his mouth is.

He deserves credit.

f**k me. How are people taking my post as a dig at the chairman? Obviously anyone putting money in deserves credit.

I'd like to think that Innes would have been happy enough with one shirt with his logo on it since if he is investing then he's clearly not doing it for the advertising. Therefore reading between the lines it appears that no-one else has offered anything for the Second or Third strip otherwise why wouldn't we take the money?

It's not a criticism, just an observation that our stance with Goodwillie and Love probably makes us unattractive to sponsors. I'm surprised anyone would disagree with that.

Yeah the issues must be putting third parties off... is that why we’ve been able to get a sports brand supplying our kits who have never done so for another professional Scottish club?

Additionally, not reading between the lines, plenty of directors/officials involved with the club have sponsored the club shirts in the past - IFIC Forensics and Heartfelt to name a couple. To sponsor a team for two years running shows commitment and clearly Innes is putting his money where his mouth is. His company are extremely active in regenerating communities which also fits in well with our current Clyde in the community focus.

What pays the players wages is season ticket/match day income, player sponsors, prize money from the previous season, fundraisers, company advertising in the programme/pitchside, merchandise sales etc. So it’s not as if we NEED these two companies investing in the football side of things to get by. I really don’t get your point at all and it seems like nitpicking for the sake of it.

6 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Yeah the issues must be putting third parties off... is that why we’ve been able to get a sports brand supplying our kits who have never done so for another professional Scottish club?

Additionally, not reading between the lines, plenty of directors/officials involved with the club have sponsored the club shirts in the past - IFIC Forensics and Heartfelt to name a couple. To sponsor a team for two years running shows commitment and clearly Innes is putting his money where his mouth is. His company are extremely active in regenerating communities which also fits in well with our current Clyde in the community focus.

What pays the players wages is season ticket/match day income, player sponsors, prize money from the previous season, fundraisers, company advertising in the programme/pitchside, merchandise sales etc. So it’s not as if we NEED these two companies investing in the football side of things to get by. I really don’t get your point at all and it seems like nitpicking for the sake of it.

If you think that the clubs stance on Goodwillie and Love doesn't put people off then you are deluded. 

Sorry if it feels like nitpicking but I guess I'm just fed up with money going to the community instead of players. I know they do good work but at the end of the day I just want to see a winning team on the park and money makes that much more likely. I genuinely couldn't care less about Football Memories or mental health teams. Just get us out the league.

If you think that the clubs stance on Goodwillie and Love doesn't put people off then you are deluded.  Sorry if it feels like nitpicking but I guess I'm just fed up with money going to the community instead of players. I know they do good work but at the end of the day I just want to see a winning team on the park and money makes that much more likely. I genuinely couldn't care less about Football Memories or mental health teams. Just get us out the league.

Not saying it doesn’t but clearly we attract enough interest from other companies as they still advertise with us and sponsor players.

Money isn’t just going to the community side. I could care less about both as you need the community side to bolster the footballing side. A good name will attract future investors and fans alike. Why else do professional clubs have them? And let’s just forget our older fans and fans with mental health problems too. They’re not important [emoji848].

8 minutes ago, Fat Sally said:

If you think that the clubs stance on Goodwillie and Love doesn't put people off then you are deluded. 

Sorry if it feels like nitpicking but I guess I'm just fed up with money going to the community instead of players. I know they do good work but at the end of the day I just want to see a winning team on the park and money makes that much more likely. I genuinely couldn't care less about Football Memories or mental health teams. Just get us out the league.

A lot of assumptions quoted their FS.  The sponsorship we have received might be the best deal financially  for the club we received.  Do you know the amounts we received?. Are you aware of a better deal we turned down?.

The DGW and Love assumption you have made, is an assumption unless you are involved in the sponsorship dealings.

Lets be honest at our level you cant demand a big sponsorship deal.

The Chairman has once again has put money into the club and attracted someone else to continue with a sponsorship. He is a businessman and wont have accepted a fee that wasn't good for the club.

I think its time you get behind the new wave that's happening at the club, look at the positives and yes we all want out of the league including the chairman.

If you want to know the amounts and you are an owner, I'm sure you can find out

11 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

IMG_0762.jpg
New kits

I did a double-take at the club claiming to be the first Senior Scottish side to wear Kappa..... but then I can't remember any league team to have ever worn that brand.

Decent efforts though, even if the home shirt isn't a patch on last season's. Will the club be selling the hummel replicas for cheap now? Wouldn't mind grabbing one for the right price.

Also the Foundation is run off mainly grants received and other fundraising. Advance Construction’s continued involvement with the foundation does not mean they supply them money to do so. For all you know that could just mean them just being a trustee and attending board meetings with a keen interest to advise on current and future projects.

Any money put in to the foundation from Advance Construction would be done so over and above the sponsorship deal with the first team kit deal. As Fandabbywee said, the foundation is run through grants, donations and other fundraising.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

I did a double-take at the club claiming to be the first Senior Scottish side to wear Kappa..... but then I can't remember any league team to have ever worn that brand.

Decent efforts though, even if the home shirt isn't a patch on last season's. Will the club be selling the hummel replicas for cheap now? Wouldn't mind grabbing one for the right price.

You might have luck contacting OnlySport directly to see if they have any stock left over. 

I can't wait until the Sunday Post find out that Clyde's new strip has naked figures on it.

Although a silhouette, I'm sure there is a danger that children may colour it in.

I fully expect a full column by McGowan in the Mail too.

4 hours ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Kappa themselves will not give a hum or a hoot about Clyde, just like Adidas don’t care about Pollok despite the fact that ‘lok wear Adidas jerseys. MJM will have Kappa teamwear in stock and will provide that to Clyde including performing services like ironing on club badges. Other details depend on the deal. In the case of Only Sport they provided all Hummel kit for free I believe (after deposit), and took the money from sales of the product from the club. In the case of Peterhead’s Adidas kit I believe they pay 50% of kit costs up front, with the provider taking 50% of profits from teamwear sold. A lot of teams that wear jerseys made by Adidas/Nike/Puma will have trainingwear provided by a smaller brand such as Avec or the classic Prostar, because it’s cheaper to buy in bulk and larger brands teamwear is more expensive. Hibernian, Dundee United are examples of this. Most kit deals at the lower league levels in the U.K. are structured around some variation of the above. 

So, in short, no. We’re not left with Kappa jerseys as some sort of last resort because we couldn’t get Nike to give us kit. We could use Nike if we wanted. It’s just the likely best deal for the club.

1 hour ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

The home top is ok if you’re an Ayr Utd fan.
How hard is it to get a red collar and cuffs ffs.
I think Clyde just accept any old pish.
Apart from last season we’ve hardly had a red collar in recent times.

Very hard unless you want to pay for a bespoke design. Simple really.