The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

There is no release clause, there is no demanded figure either. If the club receives a satisfactory offer (and all parties are happy) things move from there. Goody is also not putting himself about and is far from unhappy.

1 hour ago, Adolfo Rios said:

There is no release clause, there is no demanded figure either. If the club receives a satisfactory offer (and all parties are happy) things move from there. Goody is also not putting himself about and is far from unhappy.

That's what I thought Adolfo, and that's a perfectly reasonable stance for both Clyde & Goodwillie to take, so where did all this £250k pish come from or was it just a random number plucked out of thin air by the original poster?

That's what I thought Adolfo, and that's a perfectly reasonable stance for both Clyde & Goodwillie to take, so where did all this £250k pish come from or was it just a random number plucked out of thin air by the original poster?

Can only assume the poster that made up that figure was sitting out in the sun too long over the weekend.

Cuddihy is exactly the sort of player any manager at this level would want; can take the ball on the half-turn, plays off both feet, can be trusted to do his job in every/any position across the midfield, and also as a wing-back if required. He was obviously coached superbly as a youngster and at 21 he'll get better. He's also the only player we has who can press with the same intensity in the 90th minute as he can in the 1st. 

Interesting to see we're apparently already back in pre-season training. If we somehow ended up with McStay, Lamont, Cogill and Boyle back at the club, in other words the side who finished last season so strongly + Hopkirk, then we'd be looking good.

Quite happy with Cuddihy, suffered like everyone else under the clown that was Chapman but I think he is a decent player who actually has a lot more to offer.

That  must haven my been my season ticket money from last nights purchase that sealed the deal!

11 minutes ago, David W said:

Interesting to see we're apparently already back in pre-season training. If we somehow ended up with McStay, Lamont, Cogill and Boyle back at the club, in other words the side who finished last season so strongly + Hopkirk, then we'd be looking good.

I saw the team training 2/3 weeks ago. At least they are keen.

8 hours ago, David W said:

Cuddihy is exactly the sort of player any manager at this level would want; can take the ball on the half-turn, plays off both feet, can be trusted to do his job in every/any position across the midfield, and also as a wing-back if required. He was obviously coached superbly as a youngster and at 21 he'll get better. He's also the only player we has who can press with the same intensity in the 90th minute as he can in the 1st. 

From what I know its not really pre season its just light enjoyable training to keep the lads ticking over as Danny asked the players if they would like to and they said yes. Not high intensity or strenuous... yet. 

18 hours ago, The Spider said:

You're operating at an intellectual level I simply can't compete with!

4 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

True

but keep trying to learn something new every day and eventually you'll get there.

2 hours ago, maxruby said:

Surely “ with which I cannot compete”?

I bow to your superior grammatical knowledge Max.............obviously my own intellectual level lies somewhere between that of your good self and that of TCM :whistle

1 hour ago, The Clyde Man said:

What, to your level of intellect?
I would need a lobotomy.

agreed -  in your case that would definitely count as an improvement and get you out of negative equity