The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

In among Colin's ramblings and Stewart Mackenzie's outburst there is a warning to Clyde in there. 

Five years ago the Colts were top dogs as far as NLL were concerned. Why? Because they brought investment in the form of the pitch, refurbishment of the dressing rooms and regular lets.

The Colts thought that would last forever but now Clyde are bringing the investment in the form of Innes refurbishing the Arria Lounge, facilitating a music festival, general stadium improvement works etc. Clyde are now the top dogs in eyes of North Lanarkshire Leisure because they are useful to them.

What happens if the SRU turn up with cash wanting to develop the away stand into something else or NLL appoint a CEO or stadium manager who loves their rugby? The SRU will then become the main partner leaving Clyde and Cumbernauld Colts (if they are still here!) down the pecking order again. 

North Lanarkshire Leisure will rightly always place their own interests above anyone elses and I think that the Cumbernauld Colts are now realising that.

The Colts got complacent and thought they owned Broadwood and now they are suffering. Clyde need to learn from their experience and work to continually assert their usefulness to NLL to ensure they always remain the main partner.

6 hours ago, Fat Sally said:

In among Colin's ramblings and Stewart Mackenzie's outburst there is a warning to Clyde in there. 

Five years ago the Colts were top dogs as far as NLL were concerned. Why? Because they brought investment in the form of the pitch, refurbishment of the dressing rooms and regular lets.

The Colts thought that would last forever but now Clyde are bringing the investment in the form of Innes refurbishing the Arria Lounge, facilitating a music festival, general stadium improvement works etc. Clyde are now the top dogs in eyes of North Lanarkshire Leisure because they are useful to them.

What happens if the SRU turn up with cash wanting to develop the away stand into something else or NLL appoint a CEO or stadium manager who loves their rugby? The SRU will then become the main partner leaving Clyde and Cumbernauld Colts (if they are still here!) down the pecking order again. 

North Lanarkshire Leisure will rightly always place their own interests above anyone elses and I think that the Cumbernauld Colts are now realising that.

The Colts got complacent and thought they owned Broadwood and now they are suffering. Clyde need to learn from their experience and work to continually assert their usefulness to NLL to ensure they always remain the main partner.

As an Edinburgh City fan I really wouldn't know anything about clubs being dicked about by local authorities regarding stadiums....... :whistle

10 hours ago, CMcLaughlin said:

As mentioned by CTC, probably a heat-of-the-moment tweet borne out of frustration at recent talks re the pitch/stadium usage. 

Won't pretend to know the full details but I know that talks re the future of the pitch and Colts/Clyde/Rugby at Broadwood have been taking place on and off for some time.

Part of me wonders if NLL regret giving Colts such full and wide-ranging access when we moved in, particularly in terms of stadium pitch lets, now that Clyde/Rugby are both on the up again. However (again I'm not privy to full details) there will have been certain agreements made and contracts signed re this. Some of which relate to the lifespan of the current 'grass' surface on top of the pitch, and others which are tied to the lifespan of the foundations and groundworks underneath the stadium pitch.

Think a year or 2 ago NL changed a lot of things and new guys took over and I remember it ended up pretty beneficial for Clyde.. maybe the don’t fancy Colts so much.

just a thought 

3 hours ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

Goodwillie can play at a higher level than Raith Rovers

It's almost as if there's some obvious moral qualm stopping the vast majority of football clubs from employing him. 

I see that the circulation figures for the Sunday Post have fallen 12% over the last year.

I wouldn't want any of their journalists to lose their jobs.

After all, who would want skilled employees prevented from carrying out their trade they have spent many years developing.