The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

16 minutes ago, David W said:

Don't get the point of it and don't think it's helped us at all. The snivelling wee rodent that was alongside Ferguson/English was something else though.

Stephen McGowan from the daily mail. 

3 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Stephen McGowan from the daily mail. 

Explains a lot. 

Derek Ferguson from Show Racism The Red Card was the only one saying that Love didn't necessarily need to be sacked but they didn't really give him much chance to speak. Arguably the most qualified man in the studio to comment.

Just now, haufdaft said:

Another case of innocent until proven guilty but treated differently by the Scottish press. I wonder why? One is condemned and one is lauded.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-star-james-forrest-clear-7223718.amp

“Shortage of evidence”

Lol.

Utterly, utterly staggering. Without a hint of exaggeration Clyde fans, players and hierarchy, almost to a man, are fucking vermin. What a truly despicable football club, rotten to the core. 
Yet you are always hanging around Clyde threads. I think you must have a wee fancy for us.

Utterly, utterly staggering. Without a hint of exaggeration Clyde fans, players and hierarchy, almost to a man, are fucking vermin. What a truly despicable football club, rotten to the core. 

Even a simpleton like yourself must surely be tired of posting this repetitive shite every fortnight surely?

On a different topic;

Jack Breslin, Matt Flynn, Callum Home, Steve Kipre, Jordan Lowdon, Smart Osadolor, Lewis Wilson and Max Wright have all been released. Surprised to some extent at Home who was a solid League 2 player but I can only think that DL wants a better footballer from what he's saying. I can only assume the others have been offered new deals?

That would be Currie, Duffie, Stewart, McNiff, Cuddihy, Nicoll, Grant and McStay. Don't think there'd be many arguments about that lot.

On a different topic;
Jack Breslin, Matt Flynn, Callum Home, Steve Kipre, Jordan Lowdon, Smart Osadolor, Lewis Wilson and Max Wright have all been released. Surprised to some extent at Home who was a solid League 2 player but I can only think that DL wants a better footballer from what he's saying. I can only assume the others have been offered new deals?
That would be Currie, Duffie, Stewart, McNiff, Cuddihy, Nicoll, Grant and McStay. Don't think there'd be many arguments about that lot.

Wouldn't keep Currie or mcniff

The rest yes

Yeah, I'm disappointed to see Home leave as he was very consistent, even when the rest of the team weren't performing.

Still feel like we never really saw the best of Flynn, Lowdon and Osadolor but no complaints at them moving on.

Bit disappointed to see Lowdon go, one of the best attacking left backs in the league on his game. Stewart is more defensively minded and has been very consistent, clearly DL favours him at LB so I guess Lowdon was always likely to go. Will be a good signing for someone else.

2 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Currie splits opinion, but mcniff thriving under Danny. Bizarre 

The thing about Currie is that he's the best goalkeeper with the ball at his feet in the league by a mile, and whilst he's not commanding in his 6 yard box, he's generally decisive in the 18 yard box and further out, which allows us to play higher up the pitch. Both of those things fit perfectly with what DL's game-plan has been. No harm in looking elsewhere but it's unlikely we'll get an Alan Martin who is the only 'keeper we've had who had a bit of everything.

McNiff's turnaround has been absolutely bizarre, we can all agree on that. Amazing what a wee bit of confidence, and possibly the fact we needed him to step up as a leader, can do.