The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

I think it's more than just pedantic to point out that the BBC have made an unfortunate conflation on their Twitter feed, there. A civil court doesn't typically operate with a concept of guilt; you're found responsible or simply judged to have done something. You're not 'found guilty'.

Might even be something Goodie could sue them for; novel though it'd be in the context of defamation.

Think the Chairman's statement is solid. And applaud him for making it.

I understand your point, but it's an argument that's been made for years and doesn't stack up.
For a start, I understand that the League themselves set the equivalent of the RRP (or used to).  How they came to these figures only anyone can guess.
Secondly, what you've said is exactly my point of clubs being reduced to having to draw from the same well. The Stirling lad's example is typical of what's happening, how are you supposed to attract new people to attend when they've basically voted with their feet when looking at the standard compared to asking price ?
Third,  all walk up prices far exceed the rate of inflation.  If you take just the lower leagues, how can that be justified ?  How has the cost basis of lower league teams that you're referring to increased way beyond RPI ?  What are the additional costs they have now compared to the 90's ?
In the last 10 years, the majority of industries have managed to do the very thing you're asking, finding ways to address costs while keeping pricing competitive and attractive in order to survive and progress.  But apparently that's not possible in football?  95% (at least) of all Scottish teams don't win anything, the standard is poor, and a far superior product is available on tap through Sky & BT Sport packages.  So how is having an overpriced product going to help clubs develop ?    The majority of grounds are just about empty, do you think doing the same thing over and over again's going to change that?  It'll ultimately  end one way.

The cost base of lower league teams has greatly increased since the 1990s - policing/security costs have gone up, each club must have a doctor at its home matches (pretty expensive for many), wage levels have been driven up not least due to the introduction of the trapdoor to the Lowland League and the general inflation of football players wages plus the implications of the Minimum Wage legislation for all employees, costs of complying with ever tougher licensing requirements, pension regulations meaning clubs now have to offer pension schemes, disappearance of much of transfer fee income due to Bosman, targeting of SFA youth support towards larger elite clubs, increased IT costs are some that come to mind.

The cost base of lower league teams has greatly increased since the 1990s - policing/security costs have gone up, each club must have a doctor at its home matches (pretty expensive for many), wage levels have been driven up not least due to the introduction of the trapdoor to the Lowland League and the general inflation of football players wages plus the implications of the Minimum Wage legislation for all employees, costs of complying with ever tougher licensing requirements, pension regulations meaning clubs now have to offer pension schemes, disappearance of much of transfer fee income due to Bosman, targeting of SFA youth support towards larger elite clubs, increased IT costs are some that come to mind.

Yet teams all across europe (in a lot of cases top flight) can manage to charge similar levels to our 4th tier.

3 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Yet teams all across europe (in a lot of cases top flight) can manage to charge similar levels to our 4th tier.

These bigger teams have numerous other income streams which we don't though. 

All this over a walk price increasing by a pound and season tickets going up 80 odd pence per game
So we reduce the price to a 10 walk up you need to increase your crowd by 40 % to get the same revenue, yet we want to sign better players
Ok a guy can buy a season ticket for Clyde bring his two or three kids along for less than 11 quid a game , what do people want in for nothing we have to pay players managers up keep of the stadium
The Colts charge a fiver at broadwood how many go ? I guess less than 100
People use All sorts of reasons not to go to football

Savaged by the two journalists who did not appear to take cognisance of what he was saying.They talk of the myriad of witnesses who heard Ally Love abuse Omar.They do not seem to recognise that these were all Annan players.No collaboration from any of the match officials.Also Norrie Innes clearly stated love was punished by the Club for his violent behaviour throughout the match.And lastly,if things were so clear cut why did it take an. Independent panel 3 days to reach a decision.

As for David Goodwillie,enough has been said.He has admitted he made mistakes and I for one would like to see higher on with his life.

Maybe it was a clever ruse to put other clubs off signing Goodwillie by reminding them he would still come with a lot of negative headlines.

Other than that, I can see no reason or benefit for the interview.

Tom English and Stephen McGowan basically said DGW and ally love should be sacked and never be seen in society again. 

Not sure I agree that a) an interview was required or b) it was the right time. 

Love was suspended by sfa, fined by us and sent on diversity course. Without sacking him what else can we do. Ps I did say he should've went after the incident, that on a debut was ridiculous. 

They widely criticised goodwillie for not apologising to Denise Clair, DGW denies he did this so I wouldn't expect an apology. 

I look forward to Saturday when Richard Gordon will be asking Peter Lawwell why Leigh Griffiths wasn't sacked after his CRIMINAL CONVICTION for singing the racist refugee song or perhaps an interview with the Head of the SFA re. Malky McKay.

Innes requesting a meeting with 3 Labour MSPs to discuss Ally Love was a strange use of time and not something Owners were made aware of.

Have to assume that was more to do with Innes's own reputation and his day job rather than Clyde FC. The MSPs named couldn't find Broadwood on a map and their opinions on Clyde, like most things are totally irrelevant to anything.

Edited by Fat Sally