The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

“This is it, this is the one...”

Is what most of us have said for the past 8 years. As the Mighty Mo finally get their own shot at glory and as we move on into our 9th season in this league, could next year finally be the year? Or, will another season of disappointment await the Bully Wee faithful?

Whether it’s rumours, arguments or seething posts, let’s keep all topics of discussion regarding the upcoming season in here please. To the rest of P&B, we’ll try our best not to entertain you all too much, we promise.

To get the ball rolling, now that’s our place confirmed in League Two, who are we looking to keep/punt for next year?

Keep:

Blair Currie

Kieran Duffie (he’s come on a fair whack since Lennon’s come in.)

Jordan Stewart

Martin McNiff (likewise to Duffie)

Callum Home

Barry Cuddihy

Chris McStay

Mark Lamont (I understand he’s on loan but I’d be more than happy for him to come back.)

Ray Grant

Jack Boyle and Dylan Cogill (Highly unlikely that they’d come back up from Huddersfield but I’d certainly take them if there was a chance.)

Kevin Nicoll (Generally speaking, I really like Kevin and I have no doubt he’ll be here next season but he needs to try and reign in his discipline as it has been disgraceful.)

Punt:

Jack Breslin

STEVE Kipre

Smart Osadolor (I actually don’t mind Smart but it’s quite clear he’ll be away.)

Max Wright

Adam Martin (again on loan but I don’t think he’s really been given enough a chance to suggest he’ll be back.)

Jordan Lowdon (similar to Smart really)

Kyle Gourlay (a good goalie but no real point in him being here if we won’t play him.)

Already Contracted:

David Goodwillie (but likely to depart if a good offer comes in.)

Ally Love

Tom Lang

Aaron Millar (I believe he is anyway.)

Unsure:

Matt Flynn (I understand he’s been carrying an injury for most of his time here. Lennon may be keen to give him a pre-season for a look.)

Edited by Scott-Replay

Hourly is on loan from Dundee.

Flynn a certainty to be with us next year.

Not sure why Breslin was on bench today as he will be away with Wright,Smart,Kipre and I have a sneaky feeling Currie might be away too.

According to today's programme a number of offers have been made to out of contract players with others clubs.

Think Goodwillie will move on and got a feeling Danny will go full time somewhere.  That will leave us back at square one.  Would love to get quoted on this in August saying how wrong I was. Danny & Goodie we need you.

Well Danny Lennon's speech at the legends lunch certainly didn't indicate he was going anywhere.
So what full time team do you think he is
Going to ?

Agree on DWG and hope the boy gets back into fulltime football has done brilliantly for us

Intrigued to see who we'll bring in, given the pool is much larger than in January. Our recruitment in the winter window was brilliant - Kipre was the only real let down and even then he was a complete punt and on an amateur contract. That augurs well for the summer, given Lennon's had a good half a year now to plan for the season ahead. If Peterhead go up, then we'll be in a very strong position to attract players. Looking forward to the usual maelstrom of rumours!

See all this talk about DGW being away if a decent offer comes in. Who would make that offer? Will any club pay money + the baggage and then the backlash? 

No doubt his ability and how he has played this season and last - would make him football wise a great signing for most teams in the country , but I’m not so sure it will happen.

“We will be looking to secure some exciting young loan signings from big clubs north and south of the border. We will also be looking to make some quality signings of players with a proven track record, who will add to the winning mentality that we have begun to build amongst the playing staff in my time here.”

Sounds good, Danny.

“We will be looking to secure some exciting young loan signings from big clubs north and south of the border. We will also be looking to make some quality signings of players with a proven track record, who will add to the winning mentality that we have begun to build amongst the playing staff in my time here.”

Sounds good, Danny.

Didn't you know he is leaving for another club ? Well that's all we get told on here [emoji23]

Another great interview , having listened to him speak at the legends lunch the guy is total class and not a football cliche uttered . Just an honest summation of we are and where we want to be, having spoken to some of the players they said as soon as he walked into the dressing room he commanded respect, his preparation for games and training is top class and on Saturday you could see the respect he commands

From the interview it's pretty clear the chairman is going to back him with as much finance as we can possibly give him .

All in all going to be interesting who we keep and who we bring in . I think we can trust the management team to recruit well and give us real hope of getting out of the division next season

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Didn't you know he is leaving for another club ? Well that's all we get told on here emoji23.png

Another great interview , having listened to him speak at the legends lunch the guy is total class and not a football cliche uttered . Just an honest summation of we are and where we want to be, having spoken to some of the players they said as soon as he walked into the dressing room he commanded respect, his preparation for games and training is top class and on Saturday you could see the respect he commands

From the interview it's pretty clear the chairman is going to back him with as much finance as we can possibly give him .

All in all going to be interesting who we keep and who we bring in . I think we can trust the management team to recruit well and give us real hope of getting out of the division next season

Agreed, he’s a real class act.

And just like that there are the reasons, however much as it's just talk, to pay for a pricier season ticket early. Ambition, pride and focus. 

The last four months have sent a clear signal to players of other teams and potential loaning clubs that we mean business.

As an aside, isn't it great to have a manager who people are worried about leaving?