Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

1 minute ago, parsboi said:

Eh what are you on about? I’ve never asked, been asked or wanted to meet you...talk about sinister...take a look in the mirror!

you didn’t condemn it on any forums online that’s the point I was making.

we will end to agree on one thing. Generally a very positive season with targets met and good foundations set for next.  Shall we move on?

I've offered you on .Net several times to have a chat, you made it clear you didn't want that to happen. I'm assuming you're that poster Stevie from .Net?

If not I'll apologise.

Being honest I'm guessing who you are but you seem to have me nailed as a particular person. You seem to know quite a bit about who I am and where my moral standards lie.

The chant was a chant typical of chants the world over at football grounds. Scott McDonald did the right thing, he scored then wiggled his arse to the section singing it.

The Chairman released the statement and explained why he put it out. I'd say the majority agreed with it, me included.

That all said it was an unnecessary distraction for the club and it's supporters. We should learn from it and move on, most have, which is good.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add mon Kelty Hearts and well done Livi.

Dundee United staying down, good, we'll get revenge next season.

I didn’t partake, and to be clear I am not condoning such songs, but as Scott McDonald is not reputed to be gay, I’m not sure how such a chant can automatically be viewed as “homophobic”. It’s a bit of a leap to connect a song about a hypothetical perversion to homosexuality, and therefore be able to class it as homophobic. I expect the full wrath of those who don’t understand the nuance. I think it could possibly breach guidelines for containing a sweary word but the connection to homophobia is tenuous to say the least. I’m not sure who could possibly be offended other than parents with young children hearing offensive language. But none of you folks calling it out have ever done that?

It’s a bit of a paradox in that it’s making the connection, that’s the bit that makes it homophobic.

And to those that think that this defends your juvenile chant, you are wrong. I think you should stop, not because it offends - I deplore the constant nannying and snowflakedness in society, to the point that a YouTube video gets you fined - but because I think that diving shit McDonald actually ups his game when he hears it. I think it would freak him out if the crowd went silent every time he was on the ball.

I
The chant was a chant typical of chants the world over at football grounds. Scott McDonald did the right thing, he scored then wiggled his arse to the section singing it.

Fucks sake.

32 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I've offered you on .Net several times to have a chat, you made it clear you didn't want that to happen. I'm assuming you're that poster Stevie from .Net?

If not I'll apologise.

Being honest I'm guessing who you are but you seem to have me nailed as a particular person. You seem to know quite a bit about who I am and where my moral standards lie.

The Chairman released the statement and explained why he put it out. I'd say the majority agreed with it, me included.

That all said it was an unnecessary distraction for the club and it's supporters. We should learn from it and move on, most have, which is good.

You’re wrong.  I’m not “Stevie”.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I didn’t partake, and to be clear I am not condoning such songs, but as Scott McDonald is not reputed to be gay, I’m not sure how such a chant can automatically be viewed as “homophobic”. It’s a bit of a leap to connect a song about a hypothetical perversion to homosexuality, and therefore be able to class it as homophobic. I expect the full wrath of those who don’t understand the nuance. I think it could possibly breach guidelines for containing a sweary word but the connection to homophobia is tenuous to say the least. I’m not sure who could possibly be offended other than parents with young children hearing offensive language. But none of you folks calling it out have ever done that?

It’s a bit of a paradox in that it’s making the connection, that’s the bit that makes it homophobic.

And to those that think that this defends your juvenile chant, you are wrong. I think you should stop, not because it offends - I deplore the constant nannying and snowflakedness in society, to the point that a YouTube video gets you fined - but because I think that diving shit McDonald actually ups his game when he hears it. I think it would freak him out if the crowd went silent every time he was on the ball.

Sorry, this is complete pish.

The song was basically calling someone gay as an insult. It's simply nonsense to suggest otherwise

I wonder if Black and White Tragic also thinks ‘p*ki’ isn’t racist because it’s just short for Pakistani.

22 minutes ago, smpar said:

I wonder if Black and White Tragic also thinks ‘p*ki’ isn’t racist because it’s just short for Pakistani.

He probably thinks being Pakistani is a "perversion" too.

What's wrong with being gay and why should a player be subjected to being singled out for it?

Fife is such a narrow minded backwater at times. What if some of the pars players were gay and heard this? 

I don't see what the chairman can do other than ask them to stop but it's a police matter imo as it's a hate crime.

Im all for banter and calling players lazy, fat or useless but if you add black, paki or gay then it shows you up as a prejudiced individual with real issues. 

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

What's wrong with being gay and why should a player be subjected to being singled out for it?

Fife is such a narrow minded backwater at times. What if some of the pars players were gay and heard this? 

I don't see what the chairman can do other than ask them to stop but it's a police matter imo as it's a hate crime.

Im all for banter and calling players lazy, fat or useless but if you add black, paki or gay then it shows you up as a prejudiced individual with real issues. 

It's not a Fife issue. It's a society issue. Thankfully it seems to be less of an issue these days as more and more folk are realising that homophobia is just as unacceptable as racism, bigotry and sexism. And just as creitnous.

Folk were actually raging that the chairman released a statement about it and even chanted 'You can shove your fucking statement up your arse!'. Folk also tried to cast it up at any little thing asking why there wasn't a statement about them. They probably thought they were funny or clever. 

Anyway, hopefully it will die out and we can move on. It genuinely is a minority, about 20 or 30 folk, not even hundreds let alone thousands .

5 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

It’s a bit of a leap to connect a song about a hypothetical perversion to homosexuality, and therefore be able to class it as homophobic. I expect the full wrath of those who don’t understand the nuance. I think it could possibly breach guidelines for containing a sweary word but the connection to homophobia is tenuous to say the least.

Holy shit. This is one of the stupidest, cringy and dreadful posts I've ever seen on this forum.

There's nothing worse than someone trying to come across as intelligent but looking like a total fucking idiot.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He thinks a man taking it "up the arse" is a "perversion"?

In other words, abnormal and unacceptable?

I just get the impression he's expressed his thoughts poorly. Will wait until he responds 

So parsboi you're not Stevie, then I'll apologise for making that wrong assumption. You seem to know who I am though. Leave it at that, unless you have anything to add.

20 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

20 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Also is it no to easier to call him Scott McDonald's or fatty 

Double standards. 

Reported for fattyphobia. 

Who was it that said you'd have to have your eyes painted on, or words to that effect to try and claim that Ashcroft wasn't denying a clear goalscoring opportunity?  Sare one. 

On 5/12/2018 at 13:02, DA Baracus said:

The song was basically calling someone gay as an insult. It's simply nonsense to suggest otherwise

You've hit the nail on the head. The problem is that society still views calling someone gay by implication or inference, as an insult. What my clumsily put point was in the first place is that this is what is wrong with general attitudes. I have a "so what" attitude to it, therefore I personally don't find it offensive and find that it says more about the person attempting to use it as an insult. If everyone moved beyond it being an insult we'd be in a far better place.

Let me make it clear, again, that I am not and have never been homophobic. I support same sex marriage for example.

The comment about perversion is correct, by definition, and applies to both gay or straight (save going into graphic detail). There is nothing perverted about being attracted to members of the same sex. Two completely  different things. Again this comes back to my original point in that people still correlate the two.

The accusation by a couple of contributors on here that I am  somehow a racist couldn't be farther from the truth either, I should find it offensive but I just pity them for making it.

Archived