Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

11 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

You've hit the nail on the head. The problem is that society still views calling someone gay by implication or inference, as an insult. What my clumsily put point was in the first place is that this is what is wrong with general attitudes. I have a "so what" attitude to it, therefore I personally don't find it offensive and find that it says more about the person attempting to use it as an insult. If everyone moved beyond it being an insult we'd be in a far better place.

Let me make it clear, again, that I am not and have never been homophobic. I support same sex marriage for example.

The comment about perversion is correct, by definition, and applies to both gay or straight (save going into graphic detail). There is nothing perverted about being attracted to members of the same sex. Two completely  different things. Again this comes back to my original point in that people still correlate the two.

The accusation by a couple of contributors on here that I am  somehow a racist couldn't be farther from the truth either, I should find it offensive but I just pity them for making it.

Yes calling someone gay as an insult is w**k, neanderthal behaviour, but why else would the inference be made? Why would the folk who sung the song sing it other than meaning it in an insulting manner? They weren't implying McDonald is gay just for the sake of it. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes calling someone gay as an insult is w**k, neanderthal behaviour, but why else would the inference be made? Why would the folk who sung the song sing it other than meaning it in an insulting manner? They weren't implying McDonald is gay just for the sake of it. 

I agree with you that was their intention - to insult. It can ONLY be that way if society still finds being called gay is an insult. If no one sees it that way then it would be pointless using it.

...."Cheating, diving, Aussie spawn of deported criminals" may have sufficed?

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

You've hit the nail on the head. The problem is that society still views calling someone gay by implication or inference, as an insult. What my clumsily put point was in the first place is that this is what is wrong with general attitudes. I have a "so what" attitude to it, therefore I personally don't find it offensive and find that it says more about the person attempting to use it as an insult. If everyone moved beyond it being an insult we'd be in a far better place.

Let me make it clear, again, that I am not and have never been homophobic. I support same sex marriage for example.

The comment about perversion is correct, by definition, and applies to both gay or straight (save going into graphic detail). There is nothing perverted about being attracted to members of the same sex. Two completely  different things. Again this comes back to my original point in that people still correlate the two.

The accusation by a couple of contributors on here that I am  somehow a racist couldn't be farther from the truth either, I should find it offensive but I just pity them for making it.

Par for the course these days being called a racist, homophobe, etc. in pearl-clutching seriousness by brainwashed simpletons.

Plenty of them around the forum, embrace it :)

Intrigued to discover the Pars fans singing that McDonald song were actually cleverly making a statement about Scotland's old school attitude to homosexuality.
There was me thinking they were all just complete simpletons but apparently not.

Agreed, simpletons. Not my argument.

The McDonald song, does that not go like this?

Scott McDonald had a dive
Ee-aye-ee-aye-oh
Got our man Ashcroft a red card
Ee-aye-ee-aye-oh
With rescind here, a rescind there
Everywhere a rescind

Scott McDonald took a dive
Ee-aye-ee-aye-oh

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

You really need to stop digging, m8. 

You have a "so what" attitude to it as it doesn't affect you. 

The "I support same sex marriage" line is a belter by the way. It's right up there with "some of my best friends are black".

16 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Agreed, simpletons. Not my argument.

The McDonald song, does that not go like this?

Scott McDonald had a dive
Ee-aye-ee-aye-oh
Got our man Ashcroft a red card
Ee-aye-ee-aye-oh
With rescind here, a rescind there
Everywhere a rescind

Scott McDonald took a dive
Ee-aye-ee-aye-oh

beastmode.jpg

Scott McDonald is a diving wee kunt. That's about the only insult I threw his way.

Tell you what, I think I'm even getting over not beating United over the 2 legs.

All an irrelevance now, bit like the fuckin horrendous discussion born out me mentioning the whole sorry episode of the Scott McDonald chant.

How about you just all shut the f**k up and enjoy the summer. I'm being as charming as I can here.

On 12/05/2018 at 17:21, Poet of the Macabre said:

Holy shit. This is one of the stupidest, cringy and dreadful posts I've ever seen on this forum.

There's nothing worse than someone trying to come across as intelligent but looking like a total fucking idiot.

On 12/05/2018 at 17:21, Poet of the Macabre said:

There's nothing worse than someone trying to come across as intelligent but looking like a total fucking idiot.

10 hours ago, Piracy said:

Scott McDonald is a diving wee kunt. That's about the only insult I threw his way.

Tell you what, I think I'm even getting over not beating United over the 2 legs.

All an irrelevance now, bit like the fuckin horrendous discussion born out me mentioning the whole sorry episode of the Scott McDonald chant.

How about you just all shut the f**k up and enjoy the summer. I'm being as charming as I can here.

Sweep sweep

On 01/05/2018 at 23:47, D.A.F.C said:

I reckon Livvy would give an SPL side a kicking and catch them cold. United and the Pars are expected to be a challenge but Livvy outplayed us in the first game of the season and really deserved to win.

Their style of football is unusual and quite fancy them to beat an SPL side.

Should have put a bet on. Well done Livvy.

Archived