Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am the only person who thought there was a bigger crowd there Tue than the official attendance?  Officially it said it was half full, but in reality it looked 3/4 full.  Sorry to nit pick lol

I am going Friday too, and its a 100 mile trip for me.

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The didDees are too busy revelling in United being relegated. Their best moment following their club.

They speculate these "magic moments" are "better than winning a cup".

Sad. 

2F49D47C-4E5F-4648-A9A6-62C5C8B7D607.jpeg

5B3518D3-471E-42D0-BA9B-50D452E02789.jpeg

023D2848-6465-4EB0-8E73-514A310B1813.jpeg

5313B08B-C0E4-4701-83BD-71384314E064.gif

I also thought the crowd was bigger than was announced. United had around 2000 and I'd have said we'd around 5000+

How many coming up Fri?

We've sold out the West Stand, which I believe is around 1800. PATG for the Fair Play stand apparently, so maybe another couple hundred.

2000 Pars fans would be good, which is better than the 800-900 that United took on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but it is hard to keep track, what actual team news is there for Dunfermline? Is Williamson going to be fit because King (who was terrible) got absolutely nothing out of him on Tuesday. Also, I take it Ashcroft is now definitely available? I thought that Andy Ryan going off for the Pars actually helped them as McManus played well and he has caused us problems a few times this season.

Both teams have been guilty of going missing in big games this season and tomorrow is still, in my opinion, totally up in the air. I won't be surprised if Dunfermline give us 3 without reply but equally I know that if we manage to start well then we are also more than capable of the same. 

McManus in being comfortably better player than Andy Ryan shocker there. :rolleyes:

McManus is exactly the kind of guy you want for a match like this, the type of player you can guarantee will leave absolutely everything he has on the pitch on Friday, I feel much more confident having Clark and McManus going into this rather than Clark and Ryan. 

Ideally we'll line up like this:

Robinson

Williamson - Ashcroft - Morris - Talbot

Aird - Craigen - Beadling (Vincent) - Cardle

Clark - McManus

Would have Cardle ahead of Higgy for this, purely cause I think that on big occasions Higgy has a tendancy to try a holywood pass or shoot from 30 yards at every opportunity which, 9 times out of 10, is more of a hindrance than a help while Joey tends to get properly stuck in and look more of a threat in big games.

I'd imagine it'll be a fucking terrible game off football with both teams absolutely shiteing it not to make a mistake and will be decided by a late goal. 

Will be an unbelievable atmosphere no matter what though.

My perfect night involves us doing a Liverpool and soaring into a 3-0 lead within half an hour then coasting our way to a 5-0 win.

In reality, we'll probably score first, look really good, concede a shitty undeserved equaliser to Skippy the c**t then lose it with a poorly defended last minute corner, probably Moshni scoring it as well.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

We've sold out the West Stand, which I believe is around 1800. PATG for the Fair Play stand apparently, so maybe another couple hundred.

2000 Pars fans would be good, which is better than the 800-900 that United took on Tuesday.

We took about 2,500

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Don’t want either team to win tbh.

0-0 nobody scores a penalty, and you keep playing until the end of time.

Good day.

Oh hiya pal, reeking of jealousy there chief.

yer man Bairnardo has the right idea.

Beginning to think Falkirk hate us in the same way closeted gay guys are often extremely homophobic.

It's okay, you can be one of us.

Oh hiya pal, reeking of jealousy there chief.
yer man Bairnardo has the right idea.
Beginning to think Falkirk hate us in the same way closeted gay guys are often extremely homophobic.
It's okay, you can be one of us.

It’s got to me, I just wish we were in the quarter finals of the championship playoffs :(

I don’t hate anyone though, it’s only football, just don’t want either set of fans experiencing any joy xxx

24 minutes ago, Hawk said:

If this goes to penalties I'd have to favour Dunfermline, Robinson was always good for us in shoot outs.

Nobody would've said that a year ago. 

I was totally against the Robinson signing but he's been great. By all accounts he never got on with Fowler but AJ seems to like him. 

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That picture is in colour. Take it Dunfermline lost?

Yeah, was back when Premier League United took extra time to beat League 1 pars.

Good game and great atmosphere.

Same season you got relegated by a last-minute goal at Dens Park iirc.

50 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Good day.

That’s a more likely outcome than some I have seen suggested on here.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Good day.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

It’s got to me, I just wish we were in the quarter finals of the championship playoffs :(

I don’t hate anyone though, it’s only football, just don’t want either set of fans experiencing any joy xxx

Well if it finishes 0-0 and goes to ET and then pens Livi fans will be experiencing joy.

Archived