Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Does Ashcroft always defend like Jim Leishman doing an airplane impression then?  

It should have been one red for the elbow and a second for the denial of a goalscoring opportunity. Just had a look on dafc.net and they are even worse on there.

From watching it in the main stand it looked like McDonald jumped into Ashcroft and came off worse. He's perfected winning fouls over the years and I really don't trust his reaction or dive. He's a cheating wee p***k.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

From watching it in the main stand it looked like McDonald jumped into Ashcroft and came off worse. He's perfected winning fouls over the years and I really don't trust his reaction or dive. He's a cheating wee p***k.

Dry yer fucking eyes.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

He’s fine.  What about Moussa?

Dunno mate, he went off injured after a few minutes on Saturday so I'm of the opinion that he was genuinely hurt.

Sofien says thanks for the concern. 

SCOTT MCDONALD claims a referee branded him a CHEAT during a Celtic match.

The striker, who has just left Motherwell, told BBC Radio Scotland’s Sportsound the whistler had a go at him moments after he was poleaxed by a defender.

The Australian revealed he was “in shock” when it happened.

He said: “I remember lying there with the referee over me.

“He was more or less saying to me, ‘Get up’.

“I was like, ‘Get up?’ He said, ‘Yeah, get up!’

“My reaction was, because I was angry, was to get up and he said, ‘You’re nothing but a cheat’.

“I absolutely lost the plot with him at that point. I got booked.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

There's no denying that he is a cheating wee p***k. A poor Chris Sutton.

It doesn't change the fact that it was a clear red card. Probably two.

Might need another ticket for Friday, are there any left for the West Stand or are they now being sold for the Fair Play?

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

IF he sent him off for violent conduct then, yes, I agree. It's never violent conduct. It was however without a shadow of a doubt a denial of goalscoring opportunity so if it's a foul (and "barely a foul" is still a foul poet) then it's a red card.

Judging by the amount of people saying the exact opposite, evidently there is allot of doubt. 

2 minutes ago, DulochCoverted said:

I agree, one red definitely but two! Yes he deserves one for simulation but the original foul is a free kick at most.

Oh ya fucker. 

55 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Pars were the better team until that nonsense sending off. That said United make hard work of trying to score and making a James Hunt of clear opportunities.

I can see this going to Penalties and given the form of both keepers last night there would be saves.

Too close to call. 

If the Pars do go through then we'll beat Livi.

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Here's a wee reply m8. Was feeling nothing but pity seeing you make post after post with no one caring.

Stay strong.

Fucking state of this because a Falkirk fan commented.....

Plenty folk interested in the playoffs m8, and its a multi club forum. If you cant hack that please relieve your petty need to biccar elsewhere. 

Reflections on last night:

Dunfermline the better team and looked dangerous first half. The sending off saved us a bit and we took control of the game. Problem however was the incapabilities of Robson and King to cross a ball and the complete lack of urgency.

Our record away from home is poor so shouldn't feel too down about leaving with a draw. We should nick a result at home and move to the next round.

Only pass marks I would give would be to Fraser, Deniz and McDonald who scrapes it.

If you are assuming that Laszlo will stick to a 4231 then Friday's team for me should be -

Mehmet

Ralston

Murdoch

Mohsni

Robson

Stanton

Flood

McMullan

Fraser

King

McDonald

More than a few below par performances last night but on paper this team, if it turns up, has enough to win the tie. The 'turning up' is the difficult bit. 

If you are assuming that Laszlo will stick to a 4231 then Friday's team for me should be -

Mehmet

Ralston
Murdoch
Mohsni
Robson

Stanton
Flood

McMullan
Fraser
King

McDonald

More than a few below par performances last night but on paper this team, if it turns up, has enough to win the tie. The 'turning up' is the difficult bit. 

I would go with this team too, would like to see Smith on the bench also as I don’t think Lyng offers anything.

Pass marks from last imo, Mehmet, Mohsni, Flood & Fraser. Not crazy about McDonald at 10, can understand playing Big Tam especially away from home but we’re better with Stanton or Fraser at 10.

We have the momentum now, you were the second team last night and even after what was one (not worst) ref decisions I have seen this year (we have the other baldy ref against us). You couldn’t make the most of the advantage, we are on a high, with a full stand behind them on Friday I see 1 winner. COYP

14 minutes ago, DulochCoverted said:

We have the momentum now, you were the second team last night and even after what was one (not worst) ref decisions I have seen this year (we have the other baldy ref against us). You couldn’t make the most of the advantage, we are on a high, with a full stand behind them on Friday I see 1 winner. COYP

What a blether.

Archived