Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

8 minutes ago, Weegie Par said:

Highlights are up. Not a red IMO but don’t know if the appeals panel will see it that way. McDonald has got himself tangled and went down.

Cracking saves at both ends.

If you appeal will he become available for the 2nd leg, or is that not a thing any more?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you appeal will he become available for the 2nd leg, or is that not a thing any more?

I vaguely remember hearing something about the SFA not hearing appeals on a certain day to avoid the exploitation of the “if we appeal by X day then he can play at the weekend” but I don’t know how it would work with these specific games being Tuesday and Friday. Hopefully Ashcroft is available somehow because with big Jock injured and possibly Williamson out as well, we’re a bit fucked.

That’s not a red card btw, McDonald pulls Ashcroft down ffs :lol:
Not the first time he’s disgraced himself at EEP, anyone remember him playing for Motherwell c.2007?

Aye, he will.

We've appealed Barr's blatant red from Saturday meaning he's available tonight. The appeal will absolutely fail but with Hill being suspended tonight it made sense to appeal it so Barr is available tonight with Hill returning to cover his absence on Saturday.

Those 2 challenges from Mohsni are bookings all day long. Can’t believe he escaped without two yellows, never mind the fact he didn’t get one.

McDonald has conned the ref, for the red card. Don’t know how the referees up here are still falling for his tricks.

Good highlights, that show (in my opinion) a balanced view of the game and highlight how entertaining it was to watch. Some great saves from both teams and either team could have been heading into the second leg with a lead.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk saying it wasnt a red :lol::lol::lol:

Wee bigot Aird staunchly not taking part in the huddle :lol::lol::lol:

Haha I commented before the game that our ‘huddle’ is riddled with proper Ranjurz men that stand back a step so they don’t take part.

You for real?  You saying that is a red card..?  Wow.  Talk about blinded by hatred...
Hatred[emoji23]

Calm doon m8 its a game of football.

If the ref sees it as a foul its a red. Plenty of times that foul goes against the striker as has been said, but very rarely in that scenario is no foul awarded. Ashcrofts arm being across McDonalds dial and the fact that McDonald had wriggled past him probably swayed the ref to award the foul and at that point the red is a no brainer. Its clumsy rather than dirty but the consequences are the same.

Hatred tho.... LOL

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If the ref sees it as a foul its a red. Plenty of times that foul goes against the striker as has been said, but very rarely in that scenario is no foul awarded. Ashcrofts arm being across McDonalds dial and the fact that McDonald had wriggled past him probably swayed the ref to award the foul and at that point the red is a no brainer. Its clumsy rather than dirty but the consequences are the same.

It's a big call to deem that a goal scoring opportunity. 2 or 3 Dunfermline defenders possibly making up ground, not overly sure when the challenge happens what way the ball is going to break. No sure you can call the red a no brainer.

It's a big call to deem that a goal scoring opportunity. 2 or 3 Dunfermline defenders possibly making up ground, not overly sure when the challenge happens what way the ball is going to break. No sure you can call the red a no brainer.
Have watched another 3 or 4 times there. Clear foul now for me, if Ashcroft doesnt commit the foul then for me McDonald is getting the ball at the other side and has a straight run to goal. Aye there are other defenders coming back, but in these instances there are always defenders coming back. None of them WERE back though.

It might be seen as soft but the people calling it laughable or claiming theres no way its a foul need to go and watch it again IMO.

I didn’t think it was a red at the time, haven’t seen it back yet.. pretty even match all in, Dunfermline were surprisingly cagey to start off I thought And grew into the game. Guess neither team wanted to play themselves out of it. United probably should’ve done more with the extra man, but both keepers made big saves so definitely a fair result.

Also had a tidy bowl of Stovies in Marvs cafe before the match and good chats with the Pars fans. That wee cafe is a credit to the club [emoji122]

1 hour ago, Weegie Par said:

Highlights are up. Not a red IMO but don’t know if the appeals panel will see it that way. McDonald has got himself tangled and went down.

Cracking saves at both ends.

No axe to grind here but looked at it out of interest given the debate. I think it's a stick on red card. I don't see any grounds to appeal it.

25 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Eh? It's not remotely a big call. He's in the middle of the park, ahead of all the defenders and bearing down on goal. If that's not a goalscoring opportunity then he shouldn't be playing professional football.

I don't think there's the slightest doubt it's a goalscoring opportunity. The debate is whether or not it's a foul. It looks like one to me.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh? It's not remotely a big call. He's in the middle of the park, ahead of all the defenders and bearing down on goal. If that's not a goalscoring opportunity then he shouldn't be playing professional football.

I take it you haven't seen much of him recently. Scott McDonald does not 'bear down on goal' from 30 yards out.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No axe to grind here but looked at it out of interest given the debate. I think it's a stick on red card. I don't see any grounds to appeal it.

The angle isn't the best but you could possibly make an argument that McDonald had put arms on Ashcroft when the ball was in the air and fouled first.

McDonald is very clever for the red. He stops his run causing Ashcroft to run into the back of him. I think it probably is foul and a red to be honest. 

It's definitely not an obvious mistake and those claiming it's clearly not a red are way off the mark. 

At the game it looked like a foul but my view wasn't the best and it was difficult to tell if McDonald would've been through on goal if it wasn't for the contact, the highlights definitely show he would've been though. 

Even with my anti pars hat on that was never a red card in a million years. McDonald's actually behind Ashcroft when the two of them fall over.  Good to see Nicky Clark missing his usual couple of sitters.

A Dunfermline defender is on top of the ball within two yards and goes past the incident while McDonald is falling.

Too much work to do before it's a goal scoring opportunity. Madden can't make the call on potential goalscoring opportunity, only on immediate goalscoring opportunity.

Archived