Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Referee was terrible. Mohsni put in 2 challenges that he should have been booked for in the first half, and he didn’t even speak to him. It was never a red card either. However, he also missed a stonewall penalty against Morris - had his arm wrapped round Mohsni’s neck!

Referee aside, I thought the second half was very entertaining, with both keepers making brilliant saves - Robinson twice from McDonald and United’s keeper from Clark & Aird.

I know I’m biased, but I thought Aird was the best player on the park. We lacked any attacking threat, once he had to move to full back.

Mohsni looked like a solid no-nonsense defender. He’s cut out his silly antics and strolled through the game, other than the 2 rash challenges mentioned earlier. Expect Friday to be another tight affair, both teams look evenly matched.

Madden done the Saints v Morton game the other week and he was f*cking  atrocious , more interested in gesturing and trying to have banter with the crowd than do the job he was there for . Shouldn't be anywhere near important games , absolute tosser. 

I reckon Livvy would give an SPL side a kicking and catch them cold. United and the Pars are expected to be a challenge but Livvy outplayed us in the first game of the season and really deserved to win.

Their style of football is unusual and quite fancy them to beat an SPL side.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I reckon Livvy would give an SPL side a kicking and catch them cold. United and the Pars are expected to be a challenge but Livvy outplayed us in the first game of the season and really deserved to win.

Their style of football is unusual and quite fancy them to beat an SPL side.

All pish.

Because the SPL hasn't been a thing in Scottish football for years 

1st leg referee - Bobby Madden

2nd leg referee - Willie Collum

Let's be honest after that shocking decision by Bobby "Where's the F in Fog" Madden it's blatantly obvious what is going to happen . Everybody knows that United are  fucked if they don't get promoted. Pars, Livvy, Partick Thistle we are wasting our time. The fact that they have the 2 most "senior" referees taking this leg and probably all 6 matches says it all.

Laszlo's post match comments were mostly reasonable, but his attempt to paint Utd as the underdog for the next match was mental.  We've probably got a suspension and a couple of injuries to cope with, as well as over 30 minutes of play with a man down to content with.  Plus home advantage.

I get that the dude wants to keep his job, but he should be beating the Pars on Friday if he has any clue what he's doing.

Fair enough. Such is the nature of judging players on 2 or 3 looks, especially keepers. He has been poor against us though.

He was utterly useless at Falkirk. However as is the way with a lot of Falkirk fans he was apparently a really nice guy so he should get a game.

Something similar to the shite we got in January when Lee Miller and Mark Kerr got tipped.

1st leg referee - Bobby Madden
2nd leg referee - Willie Collum
Let's be honest after that shocking decision by Bobby "Where's the F in Fog" Madden it's blatantly obvious what is going to happen . Everybody knows that United are  fucked if they don't get promoted. Pars, Livvy, Partick Thistle we are wasting our time. The fact that they have the 2 most "senior" referees taking this leg and probably all 6 matches says it all.
We've got a live one here. Nurse, can you up the dosage.

8 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I enjoyed it. It's not the most sophisticated football but there was a fair amount of drama. Some of you c***s need to lighten up. It's the Championship: even the better teams are essentially pish. 

Listening to the game it sounded  exciting.  Scottish football is usually for the most part anyway.

Cant be fucked with the Chesspiece League or the English Moneybagger league where its all down to tiny bits of tactical precision, hoovering up random players and lifting your skirt to some Prince of Persia for more money. Most games like that would bore the tits off a librarian. And the shite teams in the English Premiership would be about the size of our Championship sides without the mega money thats drip fed to them. 

Give me Scottish football over that any day.

Also, Laszlo, get us fucking promoted you slabbering oxygen thief or i swear ill kill myself if i have to watch anymore of this league.

Seems like a decent 0-0 from the highlights. Never a red card either, Madden being inconsistent self! He let every challenge or assault go in our game against Morton yet is willing to pull a red card for that! If McDonald had control of the ball and was 2 yards in front then yes, but in that challenge, no way. 

Archived