Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Took me 5 mins over the phone but at least it was a nice day eh?

Aye but you've still got to wait in a queue to pick them up (unless you're a season ticket holder and just got a home ticket added to your card)

Should be a decent game tonight. Decent ground, lots of fans, good atmosphere, if slightly nervy. The sort of match where you wish you could be there - or at least that one of the terrestrial channels could have picked it up.

2-0 Madrid.

46 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Should be a decent game tonight. Decent ground, lots of fans, good atmosphere, if slightly nervy. The sort of match where you wish you could be there - or at least that one of the terrestrial channels could have picked it up.

2-0 Madrid.

Oh you scamp! The Portuguese Fraser Aird and his gang would be happy with 2-0 but I don’t think our tie would be over with that shoreline either way. 

Hoping to see Higgy start a rammy with Mohsni to liven things up tonight.

The last time we were involved in a First Division/Premier League (as it was then) was one of the first such games. Had a decent season under Bert Paton then had to face Aberdeen. Crowd of about 16,000 at East End. Seem to remember a bit of carnage at a Utd v Partick playoff from that era too. 

Really not feeling any nerves for this. Looking forward to it as Pars are showing some real flair at the moment but it's like a free hit. Amazing if we win and if we lose then we can get on with strengthening for next season. 

59 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The last time we were involved in a First Division/Premier League (as it was then) was one of the first such games. Had a decent season under Bert Paton then had to face Aberdeen. Crowd of about 16,00 at East End. Seem to remember a bit of carnage at a Utd v Partick playoff from that era too. 

Really not feeling any nerves for this. Looking forward to it as Pars are showing some real flair at the moment but it's like a free hit. Amazing if we win and if we lose then we can get on with strengthening for next season. 

Thought it would have been a bit higher

Forgot about the ‘takes it up the arse’ chant, which will be louder than ever with the increase in number of bams attending tonight.

Somewhat of a free hit tonight. We're in great form but a month ago most of us would have wanted AJ punted and most of the squad with him. If we play well then we have a real chance but if we dip like we did in the second half at Caley, our season will be over before kick-off on Friday.

Hopefully Ashcroft was taken off against Dumbarton as a precaution as he would be a big miss. Can't see AJ making many unenforced changes.

Should be a good crowd and decent atmosphere and not being on TV has probably helped with that.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

2-0 Madrid.

Made me smile.

Joking apart this should be a good game with Dunfermline fancying their chances but I think Utd have their card marked and will take it over the two legs. 

From what I'm hearing the queue for tickets is mental again today. I can see loads of folk missing kick off. There's only 1 queue as well, so no separate queue for those just picking up tickets they've bought online.

I'll be there about 16.00 so hope it's calmed down a bit then before it gets mental again. Might take a carry out for the queue  

Archived