Aberdeen v Hibernian

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

The South Stand’s definitely-not-subliminally-racist

Correct. Definitely not subliminally racist, unless you want to try and use that as a bizarre point score.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of a frustrating game. Aberdeen had a lot of possession in the Hibs half but didn't create enough. Shinnie had a fantastic game. Missed McLean. Referee was absolutely shocking. Hibs looked like they were happy with a point and hoped to nick a goal but with the exception of the penalty (no complaints, one of the rare instances the ref got it right) I thought Aberdeen dealt with them well. A draw a fair result, we were perhaps a shade better but probably didn't warrant anything more than a point from that really.

Few things to take from today:

• Pittodrie is a midden
  • Aberdeen is a midden
  • Aberdeen fans are greeting, whinny faced wee lassies
  • I'm just glad to be back home in a proper city.

Really enjoyed the match, and happy enough with a draw, particularly after the penalty save. Like most others on here, have to say  Beaton had an absolute nightmare in the first half. The worst of a plethora of bad decisions, was undoubtedly the booking of GMS just before half time for the best tackle of the entire match.

Really enjoyed the match, and happy enough with a draw, particularly after the penalty save. Like most others on here, have to say  Beaton had an absolute nightmare in the first half. The worst of a plethora of bad decisions, was undoubtedly the booking of GMS just before half time for the best tackle of the entire match.

I'd have his worst was foul for May for blocking off a defender and making a back. Then foul against Kamberi for getting in front of the defender and trying to win the ball before being climbed on.

Boy is a fanny, and it was both ways. Fucking clown.

I'd have his worst was foul for May for blocking off a defender and making a back. Then foul against Kamberi for getting in front of the defender and trying to win the ball before being climbed on.

Boy is a fanny, and it was both ways. Fucking clown.

There was one point when Cosgrove went to shoulder barge a Hibs player, fell over in the process, and somehow won a free kick. I think it was the one McGinn almost scored from.

3 hours ago, Reina said:

Shout of the day came after a tirade of abuse aimed at said linesman - “you hivna even got a decent bald patch”.

And he was right.

6A26A97C-1646-4309-9B31-B3E8F755D265.jpeg

:lol::lol::lol::lol: 

Brilliant!!!! Football fans are so witty sometimes!!!! :lol::lol: 

Thought it was an enjoyable game, albeit with very little football being played. Probably a fair result. Had McLean and McGeouch started we may have seen a more controlled game. 

Important we didn't lose today. Assuming we get beat by Celtic and Hibs beat the filth, we'd still need to beat the **** anyway. 

It's easy to support Hibs these days.

It should have been an easy game to watch too: BBC Alba; 1st v 2nd in the 'form table'; two sides that have convincingly beaten each other this season...

Alas – John Beaton.

The game was often needlessly stopped; I doubt the ball was in play for anywhere near half of the game. Stoppage-time could have justifiably been ten-minutes for each half.

The times cancelled each other out; Shinnie didn't let Hibs play around him and Whittaker intercepted most of their balls into midfield. Beaton surpassed them both by preventing both sides from playing. That said, each side was guilty of trips and clips to disrupt the opposition's play. I was surprised to see Reynolds walk away without a yellow card when we were given a penalty. I wasn't surprised to see MacLaren miss the penalty. I was, and will always be, perplexed by keepers being able to stroll off their line when a penalty is taken.

The penalty should have been retaken, but I wouldn't have bet against Lewis saving it again. I don't feel particularly aggrieved; an early goal would have opened up the game and could have suited either side. At 0-0, both sides were reluctant to take risks and rarely lost their shape. There was little space for attackers and the stoppages prevented the teams from getting stretched or tested.

Hibs' forward play let us down today and our loan signings collectively struggled to get on the ball. Allan & Kamberi have provided the piece that was missing from our puzzling attacking play in 2017; today they were largely ineffective, although that was partly down to Aberdeen anticipating their play. Brandon Barker never ceases to disappoint: his pace should make him an excellent impact player, but he has spent most of his time filling a shirt rather than a role in the team. Lennon has been one of the contributory factors in our resurgence since February, but he made an error in bringing Barker on. Throwing Barker into a game where space was non-existent, against a team that has reduced him to an inanimate object on every occasion, was about as short-sighted as Mark Oxley without contact lenses (or with them).

Efetobore must be bored of Aberdeen by now, they can't get past him and they can't get near him. McGregor deserves praise for a much-improved display, but Aberdeen fans have an unusual obsession with Ambrose. It must be frustrating – begging for Efe to make a mistake, then witnessing him take out half a team with a shimmy.
CITByxI.png

The draw sets up an end of the season scintillator if Aberdeen finally beat Rangers and when Hibs beat Hearts.

Fourth-placed Rangers relying on Celtc to win the Scottish Cup – only for Motherwell to walk away with the trophy and a European place... bq6YX6q.png

No chance Aberdeen will beat Rangers. Fancy Hearts to take something off Hibs though.

Hardly surprising Aberdeen fans focusing on Ambrose when he was so bad the last time they played at Pittodrie. 

Archived