Aberdeen v Hibernian

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

You sure about that ?

I had a look at the Bert Kassies UEFA site and it's a wee bit vague on cup runner up thing.

Same as this season - Celtic winning the Cup "elevated" our 2nd place to 2nd qualifying round, rather than 1st

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You sure about that ?

I had a look at the Bert Kassies UEFA site and it's a wee bit vague on cup runner up thing.

Yes its been like that for quite a few seasons now -  Motherwell have to win the Scottish Cup to qualify for Europa League if they don't then 2nd place will get the cup position. 

If you are looking at the fantastic Bert Kassies site then look at Ireland in the qualification section in 2018/19 as Cork City won the league and the cup so the league gets the position instead. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
30 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Yes its been like that for quite a few seasons now -  Motherwell have to win the Scottish Cup to qualify for Europa League if they don't then 2nd place will get the cup position. 

If you are looking at the fantastic Bert Kassies site then look at Ireland in the qualification section in 2018/19 as Cork City won the league and the cup so the league gets the position instead. 

Cheers.

This European thing is always a mystery.

I don’t think there should be any excuses for this not being a sell out from a Dons perspective, Hibs have done their bit. Huge game for both clubs in the battle for second and refreshing to see no OF teams are involved. If you were a Dons fans I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want to go - it’s not on tv is it?

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I don’t think there should be any excuses for this not being a sell out from a Dons perspective, Hibs have done their bit. Huge game for both clubs in the battle for second and refreshing to see no OF teams are involved. If you were a Dons fans I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want to go - it’s not on tv is it?

Couldn’t agree more. Can’t see it being a full house, though I’d love to be wrong.

I get the extra excitement from Hibs fans as it's a long time since they've been in this position....it's all new and thrilling.
Slightly different for Dons fans as....as you said....we've been there, done that and frankly, it's not as exciting and wonderful as it's cracked up to be. 
Add a season of fairly average football and  the fact that 2nd and 3rd place (and 4th if Celtic win the cup) all start off in the 1st qualifying round in Europe and it's not all that difficult to see why Aberdeen fans aren't tripping over themselves to buy tickets for Saturday. 
It's about time though that away supports actually started supporting their teams at Pittodrie, instead of bringing the normal 150 or so that can be arsed making their way north. Good money for the club as well. 

That’s just a long winded way of saying “our home support is absolutely pish so I can’t see is selling out” isn’t it ?

Guest Bob Mahelp
39 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

That’s just a long winded way of saying “our home support is absolutely pish so I can’t see is selling out” isn’t it ?

No.

Where do you see that about ? 

I suppose you could equally say that Hibs' wee team mentality means that this is a reeeeeaaaaalllyyyy big game for you and you're reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyy excited about it, meaning that for the first time in history there'll be more than a few hundred disinterested Hibees at the Pitt o'dreams.

But I didn't say that either. 

What I did say is that our season has overall, been a bit average. together with the fact that we've become used to the......cough....massive thrill of European football, it simply doesn't encourage fans to come along and sell the stadium out. 

I'd imagine there'll still be a decent crowd though, if that's good enough for you. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No.

I suppose you could equally say that Hibs' wee team mentality means that this is a reeeeeaaaaalllyyyy big game for you and you're reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyy excited about it, meaning that for the first time in history there'll be more than a few hundred disinterested Hibees at the Pitt o'dreams.

But I didn't say that either. 

What I did say is that our season has overall, been a bit average. together with the fact that we've become used to the......cough....massive thrill of European football, it simply doesn't encourage fans to come along and sell the stadium out. 

I'd imagine there'll still be a decent crowd though, if that's good enough for you. 

The state of this :lol:

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

The state of this :lol:

I've noticed that you're one of these 10 year olds,  that seems to think you're a big man by posting 'witty' comments on here.

Have you anything to say that contradicts anything I've said ?

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've noticed that you're one of these 10 year olds,  that seems to think you're a big man by posting 'witty' comments on here.

I find a good rule of thumb is when someone sneers at a supposed youngster on the internet, add '3' to whatever age they think is worthy of sneering at, and you're pretty close to their chronological age. It's 15-year olds that sneer at 12 year olds, and 18-year olds who feel the need to complain about 15-year olds, and so on.

It's due to the fact that people feel most insecure and most threatened by the types of people they think they're only slightly superior to. It works with social class, too (aristocrats don't bother to slag off the working classes; they leave that to the lower middle classes, etc).

I suspect Bob Mahelp is a bit older than 13 years old though, which makes me worried about his self-esteem.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Do you think you’re talking to wee boys on the internet, m9? I’d keep that to yourself.

No.

Coming up with a lot of shitey excuses for not selling a decent number of tickets for one of your biggest games of the season.

You’ve even got the temerity to have a pop at other teams despite your own pathetic home attendances, while having your best team in god knows how long. Not for one minute do I expect a hill billy, hick town side such as Aberdeen of being capable of pulling in as many paying punters as a club from our nations great capital but C’mon, 60,000 more thorough the door is poor from an Aberdeen perspective.

And just think, this is all Aberdeen can muster when their ground is actually within a 7 mile radius of their city centre. :lol:

Just imagine what it'll be like at Kingsford in 2030, when they've survived their 5th relegation on a technicality because Dumbarton's ground doesn't have enough showers or something like that. Stand free, m9s.

13 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Do you think you’re talking to wee boys on the internet, m9? I’d keep that to yourself.

:thumsup2

22 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Nah m8. If you can't make it to Tynecastle, i'm not sure how you'd ever make it to Pittodrie.  Monty Oh Well

Nah, you're right, I've never been near Tynecastle...

19 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Didn’t this Nastro guy get outed as an Alias? @Tynieness

Indeed. A bad plan on my part.

19 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

He's like a wee innocent kid really. Harmless tbf.

Gee thanks :P

26 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hibs Bois Assemble!

avengers_unite_by_yanows03-d8o0w32.png

Archived