Aberdeen v Hibernian

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Imagine putting Aberdeen vs Boring Boring Hearts on TV while this ignoring this game which is a massive game for either side - our TV companies have been selling Scottish Football short for so many years. 

Glad they did as it being on the Saturday means I can go.

23 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Imagine putting Aberdeen vs Boring Boring Hearts on TV while this ignoring this game which is a massive game for either side - our TV companies have been selling Scottish Football short for so many years. 

The game will get one of those delayed BBC Alba streams, which means that it gets to be on at 3pm on Saturday, you can watch it without paying anything more than your TV license AND you can pretend to yourself that the commentator isn't talking complete pish, because he's speaking that funky west-coast moon language that you probably don't understand. Best of all worlds, almost.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I cannot wait for this.

My prediction is that I will be quite pissed by the Time I arrive in the south stand.

Heading up for this one with the old man. Will meet you in the middle m8.

Image result for football thug

10 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Heading up for this one with the old man. Will meet you in the middle m8.

Image result for football thug

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m travelling from Edinburgh. 9.34 train from haymarket.

Be there. Alone.........bring beers.

Can I come too guys?

We've been second for the past three seasons and we seem to get slated for it by other supporters.

Now it seems this is a tangible thing to aim for - with the biggest away support outwith the gruesome twosome at Pittodrie in living memory.

Are the home support up for this?  I don't detect this wave of excitement that will lead to us selling out the home end.  

Second place, been there, done that....................nevertheless COYR

Guest Bob Mahelp
21 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

We've been second for the past three seasons and we seem to get slated for it by other supporters.

Now it seems this is a tangible thing to aim for - with the biggest away support outwith the gruesome twosome at Pittodrie in living memory.

Are the home support up for this?  I don't detect this wave of excitement that will lead to us selling out the home end.  

Second place, been there, done that....................nevertheless COYR

I get the extra excitement from Hibs fans as it's a long time since they've been in this position....it's all new and thrilling.

Slightly different for Dons fans as....as you said....we've been there, done that and frankly, it's not as exciting and wonderful as it's cracked up to be. 

Add a season of fairly average football and  the fact that 2nd and 3rd place (and 4th if Celtic win the cup) all start off in the 1st qualifying round in Europe and it's not all that difficult to see why Aberdeen fans aren't tripping over themselves to buy tickets for Saturday. 

It's about time though that away supports actually started supporting their teams at Pittodrie, instead of bringing the normal 150 or so that can be arsed making their way north. Good money for the club as well. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Add on the fact that 2nd and 3rd place (and 4th if Celtic win the cup) all start off in the 1st qualifying round in Europe and it's not all that difficult to see why Aberdeen fans aren't tripping over themselves to buy tickets for Saturday. 

If Celtic win the cup then 2nd place will start off in 2nd qualifying round which starts on Thursday 26th July.  

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, betting competition said:

If Celtic win the cup then 2nd place will start off in 2nd qualifying round which starts on Thursday 26th July.  

You sure about that ?

I had a look at the Bert Kassies UEFA site and it's a wee bit vague on cup runner up thing.

Archived