Cowden v Annan

Will this be our last Scottish League match? Will we rest a few players for the play off matches? We don't want any silly suspensions for the play offs.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Will this be our last Scottish League match? Will we rest a few players for the play off matches? We don't want any silly suspensions for the play offs.

The crowd will be tiny with the Kelty game on

sure bollan said in the paper about some players getting game time so maybe a few changes

Would think gilfillan has to be rested.

4 hours ago, big al said:

The crowd will be tiny with the Kelty game on

sure bollan said in the paper about some players getting game time so maybe a few changes

Would think gilfillan has to be rested.

I think the crowd will be tiny as well, even if Kelty were not playing in a big game. I think lots of fans were thinking the last two games of the season are meaningless, so no real need to go.  However, I don't think it has twigged with some that this is potentially a very significant game.  

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

I think the crowd will be tiny as well, even if Kelty were not playing in a big game. I think lots of fans were thinking the last two games of the season are meaningless, so no real need to go.  However, I don't think it has twigged with some that this is potentially a very significant game.  

its twigged with me but I'm saving all my travelling and pennies for the next two Saturdays. 

All we wanted to do was get through 90 minutes without picking up any injuries and we got two.McInally's  didn't look good.Was  hoping Cove and Spartans would ,knacker each other, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen It all looks ominous.Agree that Swann was our best player and I thought Reilly did ok when he came on ,but apart from that,nothing  very positive.

47 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

All we wanted to do was get through 90 minutes without picking up any injuries and we got two.McInally's  didn't look good.Was  hoping Cove and Spartans would ,knacker each other, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen It all looks ominous.Agree that Swann was our best player and I thought Reilly did ok when he came on ,but apart from that,nothing  very positive.

Defence was a shambles, just hope McGurn doesn’t get injured.  Was going to go to Inverurie but went to CP instead. Have to say the first half was the worst football I’ve seen in a long time. Miller coming on second half made a difference but we’ll need to improve an awful lot to get past Cove.

Saturday was a shambles performance wise. Massive chance for some players to come in and stake a claim for playing in 2 massive upcoming games. Our defence without Gilfillan is a JOKE. Really amateurish and there is no other way of putting it. Dont want to slag any young lads but the young GK is not ready to even play lower league spfl football.

We should have 5 or 6 changes to that team on Saturday which will make us stronger however Sheerin off the boil a bit and the middle of the park is our worst I can ever recall in my time watching us. Get Swann back to Left back and mullen is missing I think Sat? may mean pyper at right back.

Rumsby is a goal a game man and not in our favour btw! We have experience in our side so there is no excuses for some of the errors and lack of cohesion.

Really really worried for us now a few weeks ago I would have said we are on the up.  Confidence is a huge thing in football and we have zero in terms of defending and attacking. It now comes down to charachter and doing the basics and trying our best to pull through as a team to get the right results.

Time for Bollan to really show his worth as a manager too and get these lads playing well and installing that belief.

Team for Sat should be (if mullen and mcinally missing)

Mcgurn

pyper/rumsby/gilfillan/swann

smith/miller/malcolm/buchanan

sheerin/cox

Loads wrong with that team but its strongest we have.

Put me and 2 or 3 of the diehards in that dressing room before a game I guarantee we would get them fired up. Time to step up coz they are letting the club down and have done all season.

Archived