Ayrshire 1st and 2nd divisions

eyeswideopen15

New farm really raised their game in Extra Time and credit where it's due but I thought they were outplayed during the 90 minutes apart from possibly first ten minutes 
Ok maybe so, but they lost 2A Leauge title by a baw hair, Craige won 2B convincingly so a think justice provailed, although am a wee bit biased, av got mates on the New Farm committee and squad as well as Shortlees , Craige and Killie Ams, but a have to hold ma hands up say Meadow were very unfortunate

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great game this was, great advert for the lower leagues. It was such a tipsy turvy game that it was a shame someone had to lose.

I thought the new farm midfield bossed the first half until the wee number 10 went off in what looked like a lot of pain. New Farm were deservedly up 2-0 and could have been more. After the injury medda grew into the game hitting the post and the new fame keeper pulling off a great stop. One thing that will cause new farm next season is discipline tho, the penalty at end of first half was a needless shambles and gave medda a lifeline. The second half to was dominated by medda who played some great football amd got the equaliser but really deserved to win it in the 90 mins.

Extra time tho new farms fitness showed, got a 2nd wind and battered medda. Scoring a great goal worthy of winning any game, yet the same player missed 2/3 other great chances to put the game to bed and also hitting the crossbar twice, then again I. The last 60 seconds the new farm keeper pulls off two great saves and the big medda centre forward misses a sitter to take to penalties.

As I said great game, for anyone, in happy New Farm won as I like seeing all the local teams do well but medda deserve great credit and were really unlucky

Agree with the above post, if medda had a striker who was ruthless infront of goal could have been a different outcome. New Farm 10 Mark Murray was having a stormer until his hamstring went by the looks of it. Probably his best game in a new farm jersey.

i thought new farm had ran out of steam and ideas in the 2nd half, but came out the traps flying in extra time.

Gavin McIntosh goal to win it was a belter, constant thorn in medda side and was a great out ball for them, could've had 3 or 4 on the night.

Congratulations New Farm.

Well done to new farm on gaining promotion last night. Great crowd on a good night for amatuer football in Ayrshire. First division nxt season will be a good league with a lot of close battles, looking forward to it.

Well done to new farm on gaining promotion last night. Great crowd on a good night for amatuer football in Ayrshire. First division nxt season will be a good league with a lot of close battles, looking forward to it.
Yes i agree, 3 good well run teams going up, first division will be a strong competitive leauge next season

Thought it was a strange decision by Mr Hunter to award the penalty as he must have been the only guy in the ground to see the offence. No Medda player appealed for it and they tried hard not to look surprised when he pointed to the spot.

Thought NF were in total command first half until the midfielders injury and, from my position, could have been 3 ahead  as for the disallowed goal, the ball seemed to be going in before needlessly given a final touch by NF player.

For the remainder of the game they were clearly second best although came back well in extra time.

Nice to see how much it meant to them and seeing the wee lassie in the NF dugoot crying at the end.

Great game overall and well done to NF on their deserved promotion.

Archived