Ayrshire 1st and 2nd divisions

eyeswideopen15

With the Ayrshire first division now a 12 team league and two being promoted to the prem and only one being relegated from the premier, making it 11 teams, does anyone know what is happening with the relegation from the first and promotion from the 2nd?

I know it was meant to work as the 2a and 2b winners going up at the expense of the bottom and 2nd bottom club from the first and then play offs between the 2a and 2b runners up and the 3rf bottom but again that would keep the first at 11 teams, or does the winner of 2a and 2b playoff just get promoted and the 3rd bottom of the 1st get a reprieve, keeping it at 12 teams ?

I was at the new farm v Crosshouse game last night and asked a few of the Crosshouse lads and no one seemed to know.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they will change from what they stated at the beginning.  They have a problem for next season though. Structuring it again to suit the 12-14 that they always seem to want. That and the rumours flying about of teams due to fold as always with this time of year.

I would assume that it would be one down from prem and 1st and 2 up from both 1st & 2nd and play-off still as stated at start of season. This would keep same numbers in prem and 1st and one team less in one of 2nd if my maths is correct.

From what i have heard 2 teams are to be relegated from the 1st with 3 teams being promoted from the 2nd, Both the 2A and 2B winners go up automatically with the runners up going into a play off and the winners being promoted, that would mean a 12 team 1st Division next season, when the play off is and whither its over 2 legs or just a 1 off match at a neutral pitch i dont know

I am sure Graham3179 will let us know when he sees this 

There will be only one club relegated from the Premier League, due to the resignation of Carrick AFC after 1st March

Two clubs will be promoted from the First Division to the Premier League

Two clubs will be relegated from the First Division, one to Division 2A and one to Division 2B

The winners of each of the Second Divisions will be promoted to the First Division

The runners-up in the Second Divisions will play each other in a play-off match at a neutral venue, the winner of this match will be promoted to the First Division

There will be only one club relegated from the Premier League, due to the resignation of Carrick AFC after 1st March

Two clubs will be promoted from the First Division to the Premier League

Two clubs will be relegated from the First Division, one to Division 2A and one to Division 2B

The winners of each of the Second Divisions will be promoted to the First Division

The runners-up in the Second Divisions will play each other in a play-off match at a neutral venue, the winner of this match will be promoted to the First Division

Thanks Graham, a bit of luck for the 3rd bottom team then

What’s this I hear new farm have been awarded another goal from the league as the incorrect score was reported in one of their games seemingly against Symington?? Surely this isn’t the case as the league conveniently will go down to goal difference? Isn’t their a time lapse in these kind of situations or can anyone just ring st any point in the season and report the wrong score had been reported after a game?

12 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

If thats what new farm have resorted to I’d be astounded!

Do not see the problem. That league is going too come down too goal difference almost certainly. If new farm have scored a goal that isn't on their tally then why wouldn't you complain? Seems straight forward too me 

The problem could be that conveniently they actioned on this now as apposed to at the time after today’s results. Also if it were a new farm error in reporting the wrong score then surely that’s their error, if it were the leagues then fair enough.

The problem could be that conveniently they actioned on this now as apposed to at the time after today’s results. Also if it were a new farm error in reporting the wrong score then surely that’s their error, if it were the leagues then fair enough.

The home team are responsible for submitting results.

I personally don't think it will matter. Crosshouse could easily hit double figures against Ochiltree. What a way to end a great 2a and 2b league tho. The playoffs will be a great game too
Dont know about double figures but i think Crosshouse will get the result they require on Wednesday night, very tough on New Farm if they do, going the whole league campaign undefeated and not winning the leauge, cant recall that ever happening before, will be a cracking match between New farm and Irvine Meadow though, both would be good additions to the first next season, shame only one can go up

So what would happen then if the person responsible for reporting the score reported the wrong result?? Could it be changed weeks down the line when it was realised?

Results can be changed once checking with both teams and the teamlines submitted by the referee.

Archived