The SPFL Angus League ££1 2018-19

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Forfar fans will fondly remember this season for beating Arsebroath 2-0 in two games whilst we will just have to make do with the Championship

Dick is that blinkered he didn't think you lost them :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Forfar fans will fondly remember this season for beating Arsebroath 2-0 in two games whilst we will just have to make do with the Championship

It will indeed have made it a successful season for Forfar beating us twice. They'll tell their children and grand children in the future about the amazing season they beat the mighty Lichties twice...yes twice in one season...bless:)

43 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Like the friend that nobody wants.
We enter the room and everyone else disappears. 

You've given up all hope of reaching the playoffs then?

On the evidence of the last 2 weeks, Montrose aren't as good a side as Forfar, but anything could happen if you overtake East Fife for the 4th spot.

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

You've given up all hope of reaching the playoffs then?

On the evidence of the last 2 weeks, Montrose aren't as good a side as Forfar, but anything could happen if you overtake East Fife for the 4th spot.

Haven't given up hope but a couple of points. 

Firstly, our main objective at the start of the season was to finish 8th or higher. To be in with a shout of the play offs at this stage of the season has outshone everyones expectations. Barring an incredible series of results,  job done.

Secondly,  our team isn't ready for promotion.  If we were to go up, I would fear a "Brechin " and after last seasons debacle look where they are now.

If we were to make the play offs, I would celebrate along with the rest and dare I say it, promotion....... now I'm getting beyond myself.

11 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Haven't given up hope but a couple of points. 

Firstly, our main objective at the start of the season was to finish 8th or higher. To be in with a shout of the play offs at this stage of the season has outshone everyones expectations. Barring an incredible series of results,  job done.

Secondly,  our team isn't ready for promotion.  If we were to go up, I would fear a "Brechin " and after last seasons debacle look where they are now.

If we were to make the play offs, I would celebrate along with the rest and dare I say it, promotion....... now I'm getting beyond myself.

4th place and a defeat in the playoffs would be an excellent season for the Mo. Something to build on for next season...

It's not over yet but to think that three of the four Angus clubs would be in the position that they are in now would have been unthinkable.

Well done Arbroath on strolling the league. They have been the best team I've seen this season and thoroughly deserve their title.

Well done Forfar. They've also had a great season and  fully deserve their place in the play offs.

As for the Mighty Mo. our aim at the start of the season was to finish 8th. To be in the play off position with three games to go was way beyond our wildest dreams.
Whats going on at Links Park just now is unbelievable. On and off the pitch, our club is a credit to the town.

Brechin - After last season it was always going to be a hard task to motivate and kick on. I really hope Brechin survive the drop, A) for an easy away game and B) for 12 easy points.

Good luck Brechin.