The SPFL Angus League ££1 2018-19

On 4/29/2018 at 10:03, greendot said:

Never mind the football next season, look at what refreshments will be on offer during the season

Glebe Park Soup

Forfar Bridies

Arbroath Smokies.

Next season will be delicious :thumsup2

On 4/29/2018 at 10:11, Gordon EF said:

If Stenny come up, that would give us the Ochilview soup as well.

Forfar need to sort themselves out with the Bridies - I've still never seen them last until half time. Do they have the world's tiniest Bridie storage unit?

On 4/30/2018 at 22:10, 1320Lichtie said:

Bridies at Station Park aren’t great. It’s McLarens proper pastry steak Bridies you’re wanting no the Saddlers mince ones.

On 5/1/2018 at 07:20, Grant228 said:

The only decent bridie in Scottish football is to be found at EEP, the ones are Forfar are quite literally, mince. 

Intrigued by the steak and black pudding pie, fantastic. Stephens down here do a Steak and Haggis pie that is absolutely beautiful, sadly they don't sell it at the football, yet. 

A few seasons back was the first time I went to Forfar to see us play. Having heard loads of hype about the famous Forfar bridies, I was keen to try one.

It was the most disappointing culinary experience of my life. They're utter shit and need to be thrown in to a big bucket.

I tried one again the visit after, just to be sure. It was soon in the bucket, my disappointment cemented, and I procured a lukewarm pie instead. Despite the fact that it undoubtedly had been there for a few weeks, it was an improvement on the bridie. 

It has since been pointed out, including once more in the quoted posts above, that the fare at Station Park isn't the real deal, and these can only be purchased in the town. I've not done that (yet), but they can't be worse than the pastry of lies at Station Park 

Edited by DA Baracus

Are we going to see alliances forged and broken throughout the season, will 3 clubs gang up on one of the other (probs Brechin), will any of the clubs form non-Angus alliances (a la Clyde & Berwick) or is it just going to be all out carnage from start to finish?

This should keep me going until Game of Thrones comes back next year.

Edited by Gordon EF

Are we going to see alliances forged and broken throughout the season, will 3 clubs gang up on one of the other (probs Brechin), will any of the clubs form non-Angus alliances (a la Clyde & Berwick) or is it just going to be all out carnage from start to finish?

This should keep me going until Game of Thrones comes back next year.

Does that mean that the Angus teams being the furthest North are the Wildings from beyond the wall, which would mean that the Fife teams are the Starks which is cool enough, Airdrie are obviously the Greyjoys, because nobody likes them and Stranraer can be the Martells as Stranraer is like Dorne, it's fucking miles away and nobody can be arsed going there!!!

Who are going to be the Lannisters though, now that Ayr have went up we've nobody to fill that difficult "incest and debauchery category???

Probably just have to hope that Dumbarton come down, as the Lannisters live on Casterly Rock, they can now come from Dumbarton Rock instead!!!

28 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Does that mean that the Angus teams being the furthest North are the Wildings from beyond the wall, which would mean that the Fife teams are the Starks which is cool enough, Airdrie are obviously the Greyjoys, because nobody likes them and Stranraer can be the Martells as Stranraer is like Dorne, it's fucking miles away and nobody can be arsed going there!!!

Who are going to be the Lannisters though, now that Ayr have went up we've nobody to fill that difficult "incest and debauchery category???

Probably just have to hope that Dumbarton come down, as the Lannisters live on Casterly Rock, they can now come from Dumbarton Rock instead!!!

The Rovers are clearly the Tyrells. Led by a gormless simpleton, they have plenty of cash but s series of stupid decisions means it does them f**k all good.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

The Rovers are clearly the Tyrells. Led by a gormless simpleton, they have plenty of cash but s series of stupid decisions means it does them f**k all good.

If we're going by geography and by incompetent people at the top pretty sure rovers could be the vale. Lisa arryn was never cut out for management.  Home ground is a fortress. Would make east fife the hill tribes - probably more fitting for methil - used to rule the land but has fallen on hard times

If alloa are anyone were either the crannogmen who you wouldn't want to mess with or we're from the river lands and led by the blackfish (greyjim). Either way youre having a bad time.

Edited by LeodhasXD

I will activity be persuing as many Arbroath fans as possible to boycott the away games against the other 3 Angus clubs.

No way should we allow the maroon pound to prop up these diddy teams and let them compete against big clubs like ourselves 8)

I will activity be persuing as many Arbroath fans as possible to boycott the away games against the other 3 Angus clubs.
No way should we allow the maroon pound to prop up these diddy teams and let them compete against big clubs like ourselves 8)

Your right, surely it's time for the other 3 to stand on their own feet

On 4/29/2018 at 16:35, ecto said:

Please don't forget the fabulous steak and black pudding pies from Gayfield, wonderful

And the steak pies at Links Park now the old Scotch pies have been given the hoof!

Must get used to the League 1 forum now - hello by the way.

And what's going on with the Smokies fans above? Boycott the away Angus derbies - must be mad!

The Mo crowds are lower usually but at least ours rose significantly last season and 2380 for the last game was brilliant. Away support was brilliant as well latterly so I guess Mo fans won't be boycotting any derby games.

Could the moderators please create a separate forum for these four teams to argue with each other – like the special one for Celtic and Rangers* – so that the rest of us (except  Ayr) can get on with sensible discussions.

Derby Day at Airdrie, bet you can't wait?

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Derby Day at Airdrie, bet you can't wait?

From your location, we could have our own derby. I have the equipment, following Santa's last  visit to Toys'rus in Udon Thani.

ETA would obviously require a paint job though!

IMG_20180511_203056624.jpg

Edited by Brummo
A more nuanced approach.