The SPFL Angus League ££1 2018-19

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:
If Stenny come up, that would give us the Ochilview soup as well.
Forfar need to sort themselves out with the Bridies - I've still never seen them last until half time. Do they have the world's tiniest Bridie storage unit?

Yes Gordon. In fact they are so tiny they are impossible to locate in the storage unit we use a magnifying glass but it still slows the replenishment of the stall down leading to disappointment.

I'll turn up at 2:30 next season.

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Please don't forget the fabulous steak and black pudding pies from Gayfield, wonderful

I thought those got stopped?  If you guys are still doing them and you don't go up then I'll be all over those!  They're fucking amazing.  Best pies in the league :thumsup2

24 minutes ago, forfarton said:
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:35, ecto said:
Please don't forget the fabulous steak and black pudding pies from Gayfield, wonderful

I wasn't impressed with the steak and black pudding pies.

I have no words

39 minutes ago, forfarton said:
On 29/4/2018 at 16:35, ecto said:

I wasn't impressed with the steak and black pudding pies.

Me neither. It was overcooked and dry. I had been looking forward to it as well. Beith Juniors' chicken and haggis effort, now there is a pie.

Me neither. It was overcooked and dry. I had been looking forward to it as well. Beith Juniors' chicken and haggis effort, now there is a pie.
Mine was also too dry. Brechin's soup is excellent and I prefer the pies at Station Park to the bridies.

Re the Angus teams, I’m sure Brechin and Arbroath will have increased money and resources, Forfar less so I assume.....

But in SP we trust.

As previously stated, be better without Peterhead... I like Stenny or Stirling Albion far more as away days. (Altho we live in Aberdeen, go figure!)

Unfortunately, we bring nothing to the gastronomical table, we lag miles behind but hopefully we can impress in the only table that matters - the league table.
From a personal point of view, I hope that Arbroath don't go up. Not for the steak and black pudding delights but because I want to see all four Angus clubs in the same league.
Got to give them credit where due though. I think they've had a fantastic season to get promoted then make the play offs this year.
As for next season, I think Brechin will struggle. After the season they've had, confidence must be at an all time low. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go down again.
They might win a game though !!!

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bridies at Station Park aren’t great. It’s McLarens proper pastry steak Bridies you’re wanting no the Saddlers mince ones.

The only decent bridie in Scottish football is to be found at EEP, the ones are Forfar are quite literally, mince. 

Intrigued by the steak and black pudding pie, fantastic. Stephens down here do a Steak and Haggis pie that is absolutely beautiful, sadly they don't sell it at the football, yet. 

I would just like to thank our near neighbours in Arbroath for looking after the trophy ever so well.I did have a few concerns that their might be some marks on it....But credit to you it was looking tremendous.I must admit though it looks ten times better with blue ribbons on it.

So...

Glebe Park Soup

Forfar Bridies

Gayfield Steak and Black Pudding Pies

What exactly ARE Montose going to be bringing to the party???

Don't say Hot Dogs, cos that's just not right!!!

3 points for everyone

That'll do, it'll make up for our points deficit if you lot go up and if you don't it'll be double the fun in Angus for us!!![emoji6]

46 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

So...

Glebe Park Soup

Forfar Bridies

Gayfield Steak and Black Pudding Pies

What exactly ARE Montose going to be bringing to the party???

Don't say Hot Dogs, cos that's just not right!!!

Are Montrose not famous for their 12" hot dogs?    Ooh Matron! 

Unfortunately, we bring nothing to the gastronomical table, we lag miles behind but hopefully we can impress in the only table that matters - the league table.
From a personal point of view, I hope that Arbroath don't go up. Not for the steak and black pudding delights but because I want to see all four Angus clubs in the same league.
Got to give them credit where due though. I think they've had a fantastic season to get promoted then make the play offs this year.
As for next season, I think Brechin will struggle. After the season they've had, confidence must be at an all time low. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go down again.
They might win a game though !!!

Brechin are almost guaranteed 12 points from us, our derby records horrendous![emoji23]