New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm struggling to see what Huddersfield get out the whole thing, tbh. They'll be flush with "parachute money", so I doubt PP can pay them enough money to make it worthwhile for them to come across as clueless fannies, especially now the FA have confirmed it breaches rules.

PP obviously get advertising though.

Interesting to read the new Huddersfield chairman's comments about the PL money they got and spent:-

Phil Hodgkinson did not take a backward step when challenged on the cash situation at Huddersfield Town.

When it was suggested at a supporters Q&A that Town must have £160m with a £50m parachute payment to come, the Terriers chairman spelled out exactly where the club stand.

"Let me talk everybody through it," said Hodgkinson, who has taken a 75% controlling interest in Town from former chairman Dean Hoyle.

"This is how it works. In the two seasons we were in the Premier League, we received an income of approximately £100m per season.

"And, as it is published in the Premier League, in those two seasons on player transfers in and wages, we spent approximately £200m.

"We spent just over £100m on transfers and add-ons and we spent around £100m on wages.

"So that is your £200m, it's gone.

"Then we talk about the parachute payments. The first parachute payment is 55% of the revenue.

"In addition to the £200m we got in over those two seasons, that we spent on transfers and wages and overheads and so on, Dean actually had to put an additional £15m into the club over those two seasons to support it, because the £200m wasn't enough."

Hodgkinson added: "On top of that, the club had to spend between £12m and £15m to do their bit to improve the stadium to fit with the rules of the Premier League.

"And then, we had a very significantly large bonus for Premier League promotion to pay to the players and, in the first season which was paid in the second season, we had a very significant retention bonus which was paid to the players for the Premier League.

"So all in all, over those two seasons, our expenditure as a club has been around £250m, which is the two seasons of Premier League money and the first parachute payment - so that has all been spent.

"So, unfortunately, the maths have been a little bit wrong on that one (in most quarters), but hopefully I have clarified that."

On 18/07/2019 at 09:13, The Minertaur said:

Unless they are getting an absolute fortune from it then it isn't worth it.

On 17/07/2019 at 23:43, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was thinking this too. Bit of a minter to undermine the most important part of your club's image for the sake of a notorious attention seeking business.

On 18/07/2019 at 09:16, highlandcowden said:

its certainly altered the way I view HTFC.did have a wee bit of time for them but when you see a team whoring themselves out like that you hope they have 'mare of a season and are relegated by christmas

😂😂😂 

Gotcha!

_414837_edmonds300.jpg

Edited by Bishop Briggs

The FA fell for for the Huddersfield spoof  too - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49026053

"The FA has clear kit and advertising regulations for all club matchday kits," the FA said in a statement.

"If we believe that any club has breached these rules we will look into the matter and, if required, will take the appropriate action."

😆

And the usual attention-seeking snowflake.

"This is disgraceful. It is one of the worst examples I have seen of gambling company sponsorship," Gambling Watch UK's Jim Orford, a psychologist at the University of Birmingham, told BBC Sport.

😁

Edited by Bishop Briggs

The FA fell for for the Huddersfield spoof  too - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49026053
"The FA has clear kit and advertising regulations for all club matchday kits," the FA said in a statement.
"If we believe that any club has breached these rules we will look into the matter and, if required, will take the appropriate action."
[emoji38]
And the usual attention-seeking snowflake.
"This is disgraceful. It is one of the worst examples I have seen of gambling company sponsorship," Gambling Watch UK's Jim Orford, a psychologist at the University of Birmingham, told BBC Sport.
[emoji16]

Gambling advertising doesn’t get half the criticism it merits.

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the actual Huddersfield kit?

The collar and sleeves are an absolute mess imo. Bonus points for no sponsor, obviously, but I still don’t think it’s all that great.

im liking it but I suspect it wont be one for the fatties

6 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Called it. Brilliant kit and a fine initiative from Paddy Power. Plenty folk were giving them a hard time here but you can’t complain at that.

Yes you can!  1. It cheapened Huddersfield and antagonised their fans, and 2. In absolutely no way does removing the logo of a piss poor gambling firm (prior to legislation being brought in I suspect) from a very ugly polyester t-shirt sold at eight times the going rate return anything to the fans.    It's nothing more than a marketing ploy and wrapping it up as somehow being for the fans is precisely how brain dead halfwits end up losing more money than they can afford on "accas" and "boooooooooosts".  It's genuinely one of the lowest moments of "Modern football", and although I have nothing in common with the #AMF crowd, this kind of corporate-identity-masquerading-as-community bollocks should be right up there with their list of complaints.

This kind of thing is why we keep getting the hilarious Paddy Power twitter account, which is simply an extension of  the laughably unfunny advertising.