New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

11 hours ago, Scosha said:

Huddersfield Town. How could anyone say "aye that looks great" and launch it? 

Large

Wow, that is awful, one of the ugliest shirts I have seen in a long time.  Surely the FA will tell them to change that, it's presumably another wind up/intentional controversy from Paddy Power

25 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Good advertising. Paddy Power rounded off a statement saying “we’re sure Huddersfield fans will be delighted with this seasons kit.” default_laugh.png

It’s definitely a spoof.

The gk jersey seems to confirm that. Look at the nick of it 😂

31 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Good advertising. Paddy Power rounded off a statement saying “we’re sure Huddersfield fans will be delighted with this seasons kit.” default_laugh.png

It’s definitely a spoof.

I'm struggling to see what Huddersfield get out the whole thing, tbh. They'll be flush with "parachute money", so I doubt PP can pay them enough money to make it worthwhile for them to come across as clueless fannies, especially now the FA have confirmed it breaches rules.

PP obviously get advertising though.

I'm struggling to see what Huddersfield get out the whole thing, tbh. They'll be flush with "parachute money", so I doubt PP can pay them enough money to make it worthwhile for them to come across as clueless fannies, especially now the FA have confirmed it breaches rules.

I suppose it’s PR for the club as well. Won’t be bad PR after the proper kit is released - if they know what they are doing they’ll release the same jersey with no sponsor/sash at all, which everyone will think will look good.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was thinking this too. Bit of a minter to undermine the most important part of your club's image for the sake of a notorious attention seeking business.

37 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was thinking this too. Bit of a minter to undermine the most important part of your club's image for the sake of a notorious attention seeking business. 

I was reading some reaction on one of their forums and someone posted the clubs "mission statement" and if this is purely about a publicity stunt/"the bantz" it kind of undermines almost the whole "mission statement"...

The Club's strategy is unchanged from the start of the ‘New Era’
"…. working together to be a successful, sustainable and financially viable Football Club, that we can all take pride in…."

The Club’s 10 values will be at the heart of everything it does:

- Honesty - It will be fair, truthful and morally upright
- Integrity - It will be steadfast and adhere to high principles and professional standards
- Trust - It will give people confidence in the good qualities of the Club, especially fairness, honour and ability
- Commitment - It will be devoted and dedicated to the Club, the players, the fans and its Community
- Pride - It will recognise the importance of all the Club efforts and achievements; that have made Yorkshire and our Club great
- Respect - It will have high regard, recognition and appreciation for everyone we deal with
- Quality - It will strive to have the highest standards we can in everything undertaken by the Club
- Value - It will provide value for money
- Success - It will be driven and focused on achieving individual, collective and Club success
- Character - It will be courageous, straight talking and entrepreneurial together with all its other qualities and values that is what will make Huddersfield Town distinctive

From its mission statement and values, the Club makes a 10-point pledge to its supporters, people and community to be:

- Always Sincere, Never Pretentious
- Always Positive, Never Downhearted
- Always Personal, Never Condescending
- Always Striving, Never Pushy
- Always Straight Talking, Never Lecturing
- Always Leading, Never Dictating
- Always Confident, Never Arrogant
- Always Inspiring, Never Depressing
- Always Honest, Never Deceitful
- Always HTAFC, Never Self-Interested

Edited by NorthernLights

As others have said I don't see what Huddersfield gain from this.  They'll have pissed off a lot of their fans and have been made to look shit here. 

But PP get more publicity so it's all good.  #lads #bantz #cuntz

Rumours Man United are getting in on the act ... 
1D332DEE-FB1A-424B-B8F0-AF5B8B232DBC.thumb.jpeg.3b866942e99178b5a18665385ab28fe0.jpeg

Just horrendous banter. Awful.

As others have said I don't see what Huddersfield gain from this.  They'll have pissed off a lot of their fans and have been made to look shit here. 

Unless they reckon the average Huddersfield fan thinks Paddy Power adverts are hilarious. Presumably some people do.

But yes, it’s pretty cheapening.

10 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

its certainly altered the way I view HTFC.did have a wee bit of time for them but when you see a team whoring themselves out like that you hope they have 'mare of a season and are relegated by christmas

1 minute ago, highlandcowden said:

its certainly altered the way I view HTFC.did have a wee bit of time for them but when you see a team whoring themselves out like that you hope they have 'mare of a season and are relegated by christmas

:lol: