New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

Huddersfield Town have released their new kit - but fans are asking is it a prank.

The blue and white shirt has a huge sash across it with new sponsors Paddy Power written down it.

Unveiling the kit Huddersfield Town’s Commercial Director Sean Jarvis explained: “The kit launch is a big day for many supporters, who are keen to see what the team will be running out in during the coming season.

“We’ve gone for a really modern twist on how we feature the famous Paddy Power logo. Paddy Power is a very forward-thinking, innovative company – that’s one of the main reasons that we’re so excited to work with them – the new ‘sash’ style logo is really eye-catching, and helps maintain our reputation as being innovators too.”

The club said 'the new home kit features a modern spin on the traditional blue and white striped home shirt thanks to new title sponsor Paddy Power.'

The new crest has moved to the middle of the shirt.

The club said the new home kit 'is constructed in lightweight durable fabrics and executed with great fit, which can withstand the pressures of the modern game whilst creating a wearable uniform for the fan.'

They added: "To aid comfort, ergonomic mesh panels have been constructed at the underarm providing maximum breathability."

But fans reacted with shock at the new design.

The club says the kit has white shorts feature articulated side seams and side panels help to make the 2019/20 season shorts agile, whilst adding performance.

The elasticated waistband gives support and security for the whole 90 minutes.

Town’s kit is finished off by white socks, giving the new kit a very clean feel for the new season and in keeping with tradition.

Taken from the Huddersfield examiner website.

10 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

if not,huddersfield really have sold the jerseys

I know replica wearers generally aren’t very fussy but I’m not so sure they’d sell  many of those.

Mind, the shirt is shown on the club's online shop via a banner, but clicking it just links you back to the home page; it isn't listed elsewhere and most certainly isn't up for pre-order.

All signs pointing to this being a very complicated but entirely deliberate wind-up - one which is very succesful I might add, because Paddy Power have already gotten a fair bit of exposure from this.

That Huddersfield kit is the worst I have seen or at least seen in a while, I would have thought that was done as an advertising gimmick for the sponsors. 

If that really is their kit for next season then that is dreadful decision making by the club to go with that monstrosity of a kit.

Mind, the shirt is shown on the club's online shop via a banner, but clicking it just links you back to the home page; it isn't listed elsewhere and most certainly isn't up for pre-order.
All signs pointing to this being a very complicated but entirely deliberate wind-up - one which is very succesful I might add, because Paddy Power have already gotten a fair bit of exposure from this.

Paddy Power is one of the worst things in the world.

The Huddersfield top might be allowed. As the white sash bit can be classed as part of the strip and not the sponsor (like the Middlesbrough top a couple of seasons ago).