New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

ETA it’s better than the last one

Last years Saints home strip was debatably the worst strip I've ever seen. 10/10 for creativity. 0/10 for execution.
The skyline effect idea was cool. Such a shame it was a skyline of Perth.

2 minutes ago, Torpar said:

I'll pass...

Snip

Those are actually quite nice, is it the lack of proper stripes on the home that kills it for you? Only complaint I could have is the gimmicky collar (shared with St Mirren). Using home colours on the away is very thoughtful too.

I would also like to challenge punters to spot the mistake on the promoshot of Hibernian's 'away' shirt.

2 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Those are actually quite nice, is it the lack of proper stripes on the home that kills it for you? Only complaint I could have is the gimmicky collar (shared with St Mirren). Using home colours on the away is very thoughtful too.

I would also like to challenge punters to spot the mistake on the promoshot of Hibernian's 'away' shirt.

Home kit strips look like they've thought they are on to a winner with the thin strips on last year's away top so lets just make it the home kit now, away kit looks like it should be the goalie jersey.

And someone forgot to delete home from the 19/20 from the Hibs away picture

28 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Yes.

The badge on the away looks to be at an angle. Dreadful

If that's on purpose, I suppose it was but a matter of time before suppliers started experimenting with this kind of tomfoolery. Pars' triangular crest does invite to tip it to one side for the sake of being different (and selling tons more shirts once it is properly placed again the next year).

Anyhow, Fortuna Düsseldorf (rolls off the tongue, ja?) have a wavy new away shirt. Talking about experimenting with your crest, that effect you see in the second picture is exactly what you think it is. Ist doch geil?;

image.thumb.png.c46be4b49fb052d570b225839fadbbb9.png

image.thumb.png.caf2b449b54a83324655433d364dd1ff.png

Edited by DutchBorderer

I'm honestly not fussed how "old" the shirt is, the whole situation with BLK was a complete clusterfuck so we've probably just gone for the simplest, easiest solution to prevent us reaching this stage and not having a shirt to release.

That’s fine that you’re not fussed but lets not make pitiful excuses here. We’ve gone with the old option because we’re fucking cheapskates. Anything to save a bit of dosh. The club don’t care about releasing fashionable kits, you only need to look at the past 10 seasons to know that. Every other top flight club with Macron has a bespoke effort except us. Even Edinburgh fucking City have a new Macron effort. We on the other hand have gone with a template that is over 2 years old and was used by an English diddy non league side.

The ONLY good thing about the top is that the home kit is better than what we’ve had for years but other than that the circumstance surrounding this choice of kit are completely embarrassing.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

That’s fine that you’re not fussed but lets not make pitiful excuses here. We’ve gone with the old option because we’re fucking cheapskates. Anything to save a bit of dosh. The club don’t care about releasing fashionable kits, you only need to look at the past 10 seasons to know that. Every other top flight club with Macron has a bespoke effort except us. Even Edinburgh fucking City have a new Macron effort. We on the other hand have gone with a template that is over 2 years old and was used by an English diddy non league side.

The ONLY good thing about the top is that the home kit is better than what we’ve had for years but other than that the circumstance surrounding this choice of kit are completely embarrassing.

I dont care.

The strip we have is part of their 2019/20 catalogue. 

Macron's "unique" tops are generally just vaguely dissimilar for team wear anyway.

Stoke had Motherwell away top last season, but the coloured bands faded into each other rather than block colours. Hibs last season had Albanias top but with horizontal fade instead of vertical.

32 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I hate to be sticking the knife in, but you haven't seen diddy until you've seen Swindon Supermarine in 2017/2018, playing the mighty Bideford in the Southern Football League Division West (Step 8 of English fitba). Them and Eastleigh are hardly the only teams to have used the Tabit design in blue, but were the first two to come to mind. Just from memory, Wrexham and Scarborough AFC wore it in red, Hereford FC in yellow, and Hednesford Town in grey/lime.

Yes, the BLK tops were shockers, and I'm sure most fans won't care (I'm hardly 'in a state' myself beyond pointing the template), but slapping the crest on ye olde teamwear and calling it a day seems a bit disrespectful towards the club's standing. Replica shirts represent a growing market and a handy source of income (not to mention being the most visible part of a football club's identity), so it's a shame that whoever is in charge of the merch/kit at Saints isn't sitting up and paying attention.

image.thumb.png.a1f7ee5b47d4c7b2928ea2c4b60b4d71.png

Edited by DutchBorderer