New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

5 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Always asssumed the Blinders were fookin Villeugh fans.

The Peaky Blinders are based in Small Heath which the is area Birmingham City are in. They started off as Small Heath before becoming City. 

The actual Peaky Blinders were 19th Century and the main man was Billy Kimble, from Aston. The show, written by a Birmingham fan, is set in 1920s Small Heath and almost entirely fictionalised. 

You can go on a Peaky Blinders Tour in Birmingham, if you are so inclined. I haven't been but it's supposed to be good. A Villa fan runs it. 

I like the programme but feel that our nearest and dearest's attempts to cling onto it as some way of gaining reflected fame/infamy is a bit sad and desperate. 

I've never seen Villa fans turning up to games dressed as Jim Hacker from Yes Minister, Nessa from Gavin and Stacey or Godber from Porridge... 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The actual Peaky Blinders were 19th Century and the main man was Billy Kimble, from Aston. The show, written by a Birmingham fan, is set in 1920s Small Heath and almost entirely fictionalised. 

You can go on a Peaky Blinders Tour in Birmingham, if you are so inclined. I haven't been but it's supposed to be good. A Villa fan runs it. 

I like the programme but feel that our nearest and dearest's attempts to cling onto it as some way of gaining reflected fame/infamy is a bit sad and desperate. 

I've never seen Villa fans turning up to games dressed as Jim Hacker from Yes Minister, Nessa from Gavin and Stacey or Godber from Porridge... 

Wikipedia says that Aston's Billy Kimber was the leader of the Birmingham Boys, who took control from the Peaky Blinders. It also says that the Peaky Blinders were likely to have been formed in Small Heath.

I don't have a horse in this race though, and to an extent agree that they are attempting to use the show to increase their relatively low profile.

47 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What the f**k 30 years with Adidas to go to the Tesco 2 stripe of kit makes 

Joma are vile, but they seem to pay well - can't blame clubs even if they will go around looking like right twits. Case in point, St Mirren getting hand-me-downs from Partick and Swansea.

Anyway, Maccabi Tel Aviv, featuring forgotten brand Fila. Because Barcelona's checkerboard shirt had to be topped in terms of being awful;

image.png.dd09b3e32a0eaf7cd0d90b713d845a8f.png

image.png.db452a33bbe4a2765314894ef27004db.png

image.png.ae923561e49f303ceb7d0463367aaba2.png