New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

That contract must have been signed late because that home shirt is a template from two years ago. Not quite as hot a mess as the BLK shirt but very, very disappointing.

Yeah. I don’t understand kit contracts, but Dundee (home) and Ross County (home) and Motherwell (home) have all unveiled bespoke kits from Macron in the last few weeks, and they’re all lovely.

Why St Johnstone’s kit is so out-of-date, I have no idea, but compared with the monstrosity they had last season, anything’s an improvement.

14 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

That contract must have been signed late because that home shirt is a template from two years ago. Not quite as hot a mess as the BLK shirt but very, very disappointing.

The company we had before hit difficulties about six months ago so we've probably had a deal agreed with Macron for a while now.

I'm happy with it tbh, simple blue top, which will last more than a wash, will do me fine after some of the fucking horrors we've had with Joma/BLK.

I'll never moan about any yellow away top either.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The company we had before hit difficulties about six months ago so we've probably had a deal agreed with Macron for a while now.

I'm happy with it tbh, simple blue top, which will last more than a wash, will do me fine after some of the fucking horrors we've had with Joma/BLK.

I'll never moan about any yellow away top either.

If I recall correctly, they didn't even deliver the home shirts until quite late; you were stuck playing in that maroon/gold monstrosity for the start of pre-season including the match at Shielfield.

Below is Eastleigh's shirt from the 2016/2017 National League; three years old at this point, yet Macron have been unable to give St Johnstone something better for 19/20 in the top flight. It's either a rush job or pure contempt, imagine it's the former. For comparison, Edinburgh City unveiled a new design (albeit a template) for their away shirt today;

image.thumb.png.4c99208df3dc066e18d3367f4961c40d.png

image.thumb.png.42b8afd29b1c827c532c38c20eba5357.png

Edited by DutchBorderer

5 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

If I recall correctly, they didn't even deliver the home shirts until quite late; you were stuck playing in that maroon/gold monstrosity for the start of pre-season including the match at Shielfield.

This is Eastleigh's shirt from the 2016/2017 National League; three years old at this point, yet Macron have been able to give St Johnstone something better for 19/20 in the top flight

I'm honestly not fussed how "old" the shirt is, the whole situation with BLK was a complete clusterfuck so we've probably just gone for the simplest, easiest solution to prevent us reaching this stage and not having a shirt to release.

I'm honestly not fussed how "old" the shirt is, the whole situation with BLK was a complete clusterfuck so we've probably just gone for the simplest, easiest solution to prevent us reaching this stage and not having a shirt to release.

That’s definitively fair. BLK had a great website where you could design your own kit - to much better effect than the real thing, apparently.

4 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Below is Eastleigh's shirt from the 2016/2017 National League; three years old at this point, yet Macron have been unable to give St Johnstone something better for 19/20 in the top flight. It's either a rush job or pure contempt, imagine it's the former. For comparison, Edinburgh City unveiled a new design (albeit a template) for their away shirt today;

You've got yourself into some state with the Saints strip, especially regarding Eastleigh! You're about the only one that cares. We've done bespoke a few times and some of those actually were embarrassing.  You'll find most Saints fans that have commented like it, a minor detail obviously.  Surplus Macron, National League Eastleigh approved or not > BLK > Steve Brown's 8 year old niece designed bespoke Joma. 

7 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

You've got yourself into some state with the Saints strip, especially regarding Eastleigh! You're about the only one that cares. We've done bespoke a few times and some of those actually were embarrassing.  You'll find most Saints fans that have commented like it, a minor detail obviously.  Surplus Macron, National League Eastleigh approved or not > BLK > Steve Brown's 8 year old niece designed bespoke Joma. 

Fully agree with this. First Macron effort is better than anything we've had this decade, the last three in particular are a low point.

Screenshot_20190620-185957_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f4d3d2457b860e604db15ebfe4649d09.jpg

I understand the OP is pretty passionate about football kits but he surely must realise 95% of fans couldn’t give a flying f**k if their team is wearing a three year old template. If it looks good in your colours and badge then who cares what Mickey Mouse,  National League North outfit had it first!