New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

The Hull strip could have been a hell of a lot worse but restricting the use of the tigery bits has stopped it being a monstrosity. It's far from the worst of the recent efforts we've seen imho.

This might sound daft but I think that Hull shirt works because they're known as "The Tigers" . Obviously that's the point of it but what i'm trying to get at is if, say, Bolton pitched up with a tiger print kit then it would be a definite horror.

Can believe it. Liverpool sell an "elite edition" for £99.
It's the shirt with Bill Shanklys signature at the neck :lol:

Not sure what’s so hard to believe. Plenty of clubs have been selling an ‘elite’ or ‘player’ version of their kits for years, usually about £90, or alternatively they have the ‘official replica’ usually about £60. The differences have never been worthy of an extra £30 though.

I assume elite editions are borrowed from North America. NHL jerseys have always (for as long as I've been aware of it at least) had standard and fancy editions you can buy. The standard one is pretty basic but still has badges/numbers stitched on, while the fancy ones are more heavy duty and as far as I know as close as you can get to what players actually wear in games.

Of course, football strips are glorified t-shirts which are replaced on an annual basis, so if you feel the need to shell out an additional £30 every year for that privilege, crack on. It wouldn't happen if it didn't sell.

53 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Brentford switch from adidas to Umbro;

image.thumb.png.023729085dfdc0aae250ce63d117aabd.png

Pheeeeew...thankfully something that resembles an actually football strip again.

Please don't let the back be solid white...please don't let...

Edited by 7-2

56 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

PSV away - orange since it's the national colours, and checkers to emulate the flag of the province of Brabant;

image.thumb.png.96242c2bcf9b063594864e7729a3740b.png

Brentford switch from adidas to Umbro;

image.thumb.png.023729085dfdc0aae250ce63d117aabd.png

Like that Brentford one nice and simple.

very pleased wi' this: red hoops - white hoops - does exactly what it says on the tin

it might be a knee-jerk (leave it) reaction after the barber's pole abortion of last year and the 'knock-off' shite that preceded that, but these are fucking cool - well done rovers

image.png.555dc2ce23ab92bfa38b19de426d5fbf.png

Edited by Herman Hessian

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Pheeeeew...thankfully something that resembles an actually football strip again.

Please don't let the back be solid white...please don't let...

I feel like Brentford is telling us porky pies..... The club very specifically mentioned in the press release that it was the players and staff who requested 'a solid white area' to 'enable enhanced visual identity'. I don't believe that for a second, but it's better than no stripes on the back at all. No need to lie about who asked for it though.

image.thumb.png.44a333d3b3ee63e3496bc33f66e70dd9.png

I feel like Brentford is telling us porky pies..... The club very specifically mentioned in the press release that it was the players and staff who requested 'a solid white area' to 'enable enhanced visual identity'. I don't believe that for a second, but it's better than no stripes on the back at all. No need to lie about who asked for it though.
image.thumb.png.44a333d3b3ee63e3496bc33f66e70dd9.png
I'm fine with that one. Its when they make no effort to have any stripes on the back (yeah Adidas I'm talking about you) that it boils my piss. Oh and as for Southampton....

I quite like the Hull one, another 90s revival kit