New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

On 7/5/2018 at 22:55, Waspy said:

Real Sociedad emoji7.png

IMG_1201.jpg

Girona

IMG_1202.jpg

Macron make another outstanding effort there..

On 7/7/2018 at 13:31, DutchBorderer said:

FC Nantes launches their new home kit with the tagline 'Le suck it';

DhVzqwTXkAEVpGI.jpg

Oud-Heverlee Leuven of the Belgian second tier are known for their budget crest, and don Belgian brand Vermarc with Leicester City's sponsor;

DhbuqEsXkAAy8f9.jpg

Millwall return to Macron after two seasons with Erreà, and claim to model their new home shirt on the old Captain Morgan shirt. Unfortunately, they look nothing alike;

Dhaf2AzWAAAUYP3.jpg

By far the most tinpot kit launch to happen so far comes courtesy of Dutch NEC Nijmegen, who revealed their new away top and signed a new player in a random fan's backyard;

5b40968a68e03_DhVj3hPWAAAwlKE1.thumb.jpg.092ce607a15caf20e571d084f7c4cdb6.jpg

And there

22 hours ago, Cruyff14 said:

Parma (Both) and Bologna away...

16F4E0D8-C216-48B6-862B-8BE3DD97143B.jpeg

5CB3F92E-4541-47A3-80E3-B46F11AAD709.jpeg

And there.

Yet County got an absolute monstrosity.  Somebody, somewhere hates us.

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Sunderland. Love them both, but apparently the home kit has been ruined by having an all red back because Adidas think that looks good...

5b43822698244_201819kit.jpg.b4a7599aeab5c8a449c27b4e09bbeecc.jpg

That's a bummer about the solid back on the home top. That look good with a rare decent betting sponsor too although the white key line isn't needed. Love the away strip.

26 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Sunderland. Love them both, but apparently the home kit has been ruined by having an all red back because Adidas think that looks good...

Want to hear a load of corporate shitebaggery?;

Spoiler

drrr2.jpg.ba45d4d38e23f8a40a92859fc5feca46.jpg

For some reason, adidas has decided that all their striped partner clubs in the UK (and elsewhere, I imagine) will have plain backs this season. The payout for this would be 'more tailoed and bespoke detailing', but that's poppycock of course. I surmise striped back panels to be a bit more expensive to produce, and thus, adidas decided against having them so they can skim off an extra cent or two off every kit produced. Standout designs my arse.

Take note that Sunderland's away shirt is the Condivo desing, which was also used for the away shirts for Scotland, Wolves, Feyenoord, Ipswich, Leicester, Watford, Anderlecht, Copenhagen, Sweden, Aberdeen, Valencia, Wales, Olympiakos, Universidad de Chile, Cardiff, Benfica, Celta de Vigo, Besiktas, Belgium, Algeria, Northern Ireland, Iran, and loads of others I'm sure.

I'm serious, look it up if you're autistic enough for it; they all have the exact same design in different colours.

Edited by DutchBorderer

Villa.... 
The away kit looks nice. Hate the home kit, though. If it hasn't got blue sleeves, it's not a proper Villa shirt, IMO. 
5b434393e8492_PreOrderStoryGraphic02.thumb.jpg.12ede44f59cf55a1c8304594b8d7ddc0.jpg
Villa home top looks identical to the new West Ham home top - even down to the blue bit on the sleeve rather than the full sleeve. Are they made by the same firm? Not sure which scenario is worst tbh.

45 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
Villa.... 
The away kit looks nice. Hate the home kit, though. If it hasn't got blue sleeves, it's not a proper Villa shirt, IMO. 

Villa home top looks identical to the new West Ham home top - even down to the blue bit on the sleeve rather than the full sleeve. Are they made by the same firm? Not sure which scenario is worst tbh.

West Ham is Umbro pushing planned obsolescence, Aston Villa is a local casualwear company called LUKE1977 which took inspiration from one of Villa's strips from the 80's. I don't like either of these new strips.

FC Twente remains the only club on the continent to wear Sondico, and for good reason because these are a bit pish; an awkward chestband which is visually ruined by the collar clipping into it. Year of founding is placed behind the badge (which Macron keeps doing this year), and the stallion of Twente is a watermark o0n the body panel.

DhptK-rWAAAZe8y.jpg

Edited by DutchBorderer

I get that we are going back to the eighties for inspiration, but I'm still struggling to see the logic behind ignoring the almost universally-popular League Title or European Cup Final kits in favour of the one that saw us finish tenth and commence our descent from Champions of Europe to relegation. 

Especially when the former two both had blue sleeves :angry:

28 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I get that we are going back to the eighties for inspiration, but I'm still struggling to see the logic behind ignoring the almost universally-popular League Title or European Cup Final kits in favour of the one that saw us finish tenth and commence our descent from Champions of Europe to relegation. 

Especially when the former two both had blue sleeves :angry:

It's Luke (the designer guy)'s favourite shirt so there you go. No doubt a return to proper sleeves is on the cards for 19/20.