New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

Look at this absolute guff from Nike and Chelsea. I still don't know what a 'shirtholder' is... Somebody who hauds the jaikits?
The design is based on a graph of Drogba's heat signatures from whatever Champions League final they won. Pretentious, tenuous pish.
Also, 'Miracle of Munich'. [emoji38] You had a Russian oligarch bankrolling you; now f*ck off, c*nts.
5cc0155b5be97_Screenshot_2019-04-24NikeChelseaShirtholdersKitRevealed-LaunchingSoonForVeryFairPrice.png.4bdd50bd81060abeb40cec03c7aa39df.png
PS - I can see it being a good seller within a certain 'Scottish' fanbase.
Just fucking boak.

Aberdeen's shirt is simple off-the-peg teamwear; Spain used it for their away kit at the recent World Cup, and Orlando City of the MLS use it for their purple home shirt. You'd think the club would be big enough for adidas to put in a little more effort, but I suppose the profit margins aren't big enough for them to bother. Sad, really. Have to go back to Umbro and the 90's for a proper decent strip of theirs.

image.thumb.png.afbe6857ee7b205b5489117b9d336998.png

2 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Aberdeen's shirt is simple off-the-peg teamwear; Spain used it for their away kit at the recent World Cup, and Orlando City of the MLS use it for their purple home shirt. You'd think the club would be big enough for adidas to put in a little more effort, but I suppose the profit margins aren't big enough for them to bother. Sad, really. Have to go back to Umbro and the 90's for a proper decent strip of theirs.

I mean many English  Premier league teams don't get individualised strips so hard to see why Aberdeen would.

Think this strip is ok but the idea that none of our recent strips have been decent is bollocks.

28 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I mean many English  Premier league teams don't get individualised strips so hard to see why Aberdeen would.

Think this strip is ok but the idea that none of our recent strips have been decent is bollocks.

Many EPL clubs don't get individualised strips because Nike and adidas only ever do bespoke designs for the really big boys - any other supplier would happily do up something unique for a club of Aberdeen's size, or the likes of say Fulham or Cardiff.

When kits are simple off-the-peg affairs you can get at Sports Direct for ten to twenty bob, I cannot for the life of me consider them good. They are wildly exploitative at best, considering you pay 20 to 40 quid extra over the regular template for the sponsor and club crest, and as a neutral I really hope Aberdeen may one day soon finally get a supplier that affords them proper attention.

Edited by DutchBorderer

56 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

When kits are simple off-the-peg affairs you can get at Sports Direct for ten to twenty bob, I cannot for the life of me consider them good. They are wildly exploitative at best, considering you pay 20 to 40 quid extra over the regular template for the sponsor and club crest, and as a neutral I really hope Aberdeen may one day soon finally get a supplier that affords them proper attention.

And that's a fine principle for anyone to have but has nothing to do with the quality of the strips themselves.

4 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

my issue with this strip is that its almost identical to what theyre playing in at the moment,not that its off the peg.

Scotland WWC2019 away kit.

scotland-2019-womens-world-cup-adidas-ki

JD are selling this for men too with no mention of the World Cup, so I am still not certain it will not be the away kit for the men's team. Especially as they are punting off that crap yellow template for 20 nicker now.

New Bayern kit released this morning, again inspired by the stadium architecture:

5cdbe10354ad0_Screenshot_2019-05-15BayernMunich19-20HomeKitReleased.png.880b62d325ee54cec077ed426e86067b.png

"The red luminous honeycombs of the striking outer facade were digitally captured and brought into a new pattern in various shades of red that runs across the entire breast."

Whatever you say, guys...

Here's Ayr's bang average new kit design, on sale on Kitlocker's website for £13.

ce1713c_regista-18-ss.jpg

Ayr's club shop will undoubtedly be asking for over £50 for the exact same shirt. Also no doubt the entire country will be flooded with teams wearing the same kit but with a different colour scheme. Adidas is the absolute worst team to have as your kit manufacturer. Paying for the name and nothing else.

Stenny's shirts are brilliant. Much better going for one of the smaller brands that will actually put more than 2 seconds thought into the design.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

Mali knocking it out the park there - the suppliers only ever made one kit in the UK, for Fulham back in the day.

Either way, I suppose everyone has that one mate in their five-a-side team who gets replica tops only to wear them with very badly coordinated shorts. Feyenoord is basically that bloke personified, feel like the shorts really don't fit with their new away shirts. Fans are fuming, but mostly because they prefer the team to play in green and white away from home (the colours of the city);

image.thumb.png.79a4805e8e88e8cfc639e8ac67176b62.pngimage.thumb.png.64326e6c20f25f3c230f1079742b654f.png