New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

couple of smart details on the Chievo shirts:

- the side buttons on the collar (on all three versions)

- love the use of the "Veronese" script for some of the text (it's taken from an engraved plaque in the city) - not so sure about the "lord of the rings" runes inside the collar, though !

"gaudete in domino" means "rejoice in the lord" or something along those lines - here's a link to the story about why that appears on their shirts: http://www.chievoverona.it/en/chievos-old-pitch - between the two sleeve logos there's another latin phrase - ‘Omnes insani veronenses’ - which means "everyone from Verona is crazy"

trying to find out what the "runes" inside the collar are all about - where are the Chievo contingent on here when they'd actually come in useful ! ;)

36046810_243570346421244_440795095479667

image.jpg?h=334&w=597&$p$h$w=3af2235

image.jpg?h=334&w=597&$p$h$w=3af2235

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Lazio 

Dh5L-EsWAAUGpNd.jpg:large

Best Italian kit news I could have gotten, I absolutely love that design but missed out on getting one the first time around. Absolutely buzzing even if the stupid V slit at the collar is hugely unaesthetic.

Here's lelverpool's new third;

Dh5ja5XX0AE9F7Q.jpg

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Best Italian kit news I could have gotten, I absolutely love that design but missed out on getting one the first time around. Absolutely buzzing even if the stupid V slit at the collar is hugely unaesthetic.

Yeah it's a stunner, I got the last one quite cheaply over there. Currently online at £72, so will give it a miss at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah it's a stunner, I got the last one quite cheaply over there. Currently online at £72, so will give it a miss at the moment. 

seems to be the going rate at the moment - stupid money, to be fair; luckily, it's my birthday before we're due to go over to Italy at the end of September, so I'm hoping that if every tentative potential gift enquiry is met with "the black hellas verona shirt" and no other conceivable option for the rest of the summer, that might do the trick....

another potential issue is that they're made from "slim-fit clingy cycling shirt material" - kinda wish that i didnt have two McD's double cheesburgers and large fries currently on the way back to the office for lunch now....:whistle