New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

11 hours ago, Eednud said:

Australia’s new kit, the yellow one is the home one.

306D0166-49DC-4F56-A8CA-225802F430C1.png

1E76C9A1-007A-43A1-8D70-BFE002E416F3.jpeg

These are decent.

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Nikes efforts for the World Cup are very poor. The Dutch shirt is a very strange shade of orange 

4AC5325F-BBC8-42E7-9767-C77498705D83.jpeg

Howling. As others have said, looks like a Livingston kit. Even the badge looks similar the Livi's at a glance.

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just seen this Nigeria release! My eyes are bleeding 

31A86650-F6EC-414B-9B1B-B3FA217D3295.jpeg

I quite like it!

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

C035597C-1218-4C35-95DB-C9C4061FA1B1.jpeg

Absolutely dreadful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 28/08/2022 at 01:21, Lyle Lanley said:

japan-2022-world-cup-kit-2.jpg

Japan's home shirt for the World Cup. Outstanding. 

Yes I'm a sad kit geek I dont care. Would love to know more about Japans kits over the years. 

Seem to have a conveyer belt of outstanding bespoke Adidas kits for about 30 years.

On 29/10/2022 at 02:20, invergowrie arab said:

Yes I'm a sad kit geek I dont care. Would love to know more about Japans kits over the years. 

Seem to have a conveyer belt of outstanding bespoke Adidas kits for about 30 years.

Same here. With the exception of a few years in the 2010s where their kits were mediocre (albeit not terrible), Japan have like you say had consistently brilliant kits for the last 30 years or so. One of the quirks is that although Adidas have been making the Japan kits for the last couple of decades, the Japan Football Association designed their kits themselves in the early 1990s and alternated the production rights annually between Asics, Mizuno and Adidas before finally settling on Adidas. Good wee write-up of the history here:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/full-japan-home-kit-history-from-1936-until-2020.html

A few of my Japan favourites are the current World Cup one, the 100 year special edition shirt Adidas did in 2021, and the goalie tops with the flames from World Cup 1998.

• 2 weeks later...
  • DutchBorderer changed the title to New kits; 2022/23 edition (23/24 kits trickling in)

First week of May isn't even over yet, most leagues have yet to finish, but some clubs can't wait to show (and sell) their kits for next season already. Liverpool and Nike with what I can only describe as something that's too generic to fetch a 100+ Pound pricetag;

FvRxKHMWwAAE_n_?format=jpg&name=large

36 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

First week of May isn't even over yet, most leagues have yet to finish, but some clubs can't wait to show (and sell) their kits for next season already. Liverpool and Nike with what I can only describe as something that's too generic to fetch a 100+ Pound pricetag;

FvRxKHMWwAAE_n_?format=jpg&name=large

Are they allowed to wear that in the golf club? I assume that's where the photoshoot is given the horrendous breeks on display?

I will just never understand the global appeal of Nike. They have been the most bland, uninspired, by the numbers sports brand for about 20 years and folk fucking lap them up.

Literally the last really iconic thing they introduced to sportswear was Nike Air trainers back in the early to mid 90s.

And their stuff is generally of poor quality as well for one of the biggest sport brands. Adidas, Puma, Under Armour even New Balance are all of far better quality.

Edited by djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I will just never understand the global appeal of Nike. They have been the most bland, uninspired, by the numbers sports brand for about 20 years and folk fucking lap them up.

Literally the last really iconic thing they introduced to sportswear was Nike Air trainers back in the early to mid 90s.

And their stuff is generally of poor quality as well for one of the biggest sport brands. Adidas, Puma, Under Armour even New Balance are all of far better quality.

Agree, Nike to me is overpriced.