New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

6 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

A new supplier for Annan, who spent the past three years in the same Stanno designs. Never heard of the Halbro Sports, turns out it's a small brand from Horwich. The home kit looks brilliant, not to sure about the away though;

5b02c9e75a510_DdgBD9cXUAAZq6n1.thumb.jpg.4fd20aefcea34ec9bbbc8ab92aa086ce.jpg

think theyre decent,especially your home one.not so sure about the away one but at least its markedly different which is what you need for an away

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's nicer than most tops we've had. 

We're dumping Joma this Summer. Moving to Australian company BLK. So far, it sounds like the top is going to be absolutely horrendous. 

I dunno lad, this would be a good look for yous. Better than Joma at the very least;

5b03244803a66_1heopssckhuw41e6ezc9zimosu1.jpg.889de2ded08a70f99a6e7f15c611e116.jpg

25 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I dunno lad, this would be a good look for yous. Better than Joma at the very least;

5b03244803a66_1heopssckhuw41e6ezc9zimosu1.jpg.889de2ded08a70f99a6e7f15c611e116.jpg

I'll settle for that now rather than what it's likely we're going end up with.

Really not getting the hate for Joma that still exists, think we've had them for the last 3 years and I've got to admit we've not had a duff one yet!!!
Admittedly they've all been bespoke efforts, must be the stripes, but they've ALL been good, with at least two all time classics in the mix, the purple one from a couple of seasons ago and this year's black effort!!!

18 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Really not getting the hate for Joma that still exists, think we've had them for the last 3 years and I've got to admit we've not had a duff one yet!!!
Admittedly they've all been bespoke efforts, must be the stripes, but they've ALL been good, with at least two all time classics in the mix, the purple one from a couple of seasons ago and this year's black effort!!!

The first one (gold with the black sleeves) was a teamwear template, but all the other home kits have been bespoke. Bit of a minter for St Johnstone when they had to settle for a teamwear shirt last year.  Away kits have all been templates. Polo shirts etc have also been fine.

Edited by Forest_Fifer

BLK made Hartlepool's shirts this season and they were actually quite nice. They also make the West Indies cricket teamwear and they are pretty plain as well.

This year looks like it's shaping up to be a really disastrous year for football design. Ross Co (h) looks like an artexing experiment gone wrong.

4 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

gonna be controversial here and say I thought your kit for this year was rather smart

I thought it was acceptable after some of the horror stories of the previous years. It had a look of everyone giving up and just picking one to tide both sides over for the last season of the agreement though. 

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

*gulp*

I'm double bluffing myself! I'm building myself up to expect such a complete mess that what they come out with can never match it. If they use the royal blue in the cuffs of that strip then I might be able to forgive them a few muck ups.

The Hartlepool strip was indeed decent from BLK. I don't buy strips so can't vouch for the quality but looks wise Joma weren't as bad as we made them out to be. They always had some decent strips in their collection but we avoided them, especially as we kept going down the bespoke route. The greatest concern I have is that the source of Saints problems is whoever decides on them at McDiarmid as they have the same aesthetic outlook  and design capabilities as a ten year old kid.  Looking at their offerings for a few different sports BLK seem to enjoy something that's a bit different to the norm so the meeting of minds that has worked on the new strip is frightening.

We then have the rumoured new sponsor, MKM Building Supplies, who just slap their logo on the front of whatever strip the club they're sponsoring wear, be it football, hockey, cricket or Hull City flags. If they keep that up we could be looking at an absolute mess of a  blue based strip with tartan bits and a yellow box slapped on it.  I have never wanted to be wrong  about anything so much in my life. 

:bairn

Just going to come out and say that Ross County's new home top is absolutely smashing, I love it! And that's coming from someone who loathes Macron. Shame about another recycling of that horrendous can't-believe-its-not-tartan template for the away shirt.

Imagine signing a supply deal worth tens of millions of Pounds and then finding out you will have to wear pink captain's armbands (oh, I'm sorry, they are tiny red pinhoops) for a full season! Replicas go for 55 GBP, 'authentic' ones go for a cool 100. Arsenal confirmed this today;

5b04309f24642_DdyiHxmU8AAeX2f1.jpg.49b1dcdc70993557e65c1bc6ba0679f2.jpg

Puma continues their trend of giving Arsenal white shoulders, except they really went overboard this time. Not a good look at all as far as I'm concerned

41 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

We then have the rumoured new sponsor, MKM Building Supplies, who just slap their logo on the front of whatever strip the club they're sponsoring wear, be it football, hockey, cricket or Hull City flags. If they keep that up we could be looking at an absolute mess of a  blue based strip with tartan bits and a yellow box slapped on it.  I have never wanted to be wrong  about anything so much in my life. 

:bairn

I hope it will be absolutely horrendous and unpopular just so I can finally buy a cheap Saints kit  (tenner at the end of the season I hope). I came close to a Famous Grouse one once, but it was bought by a scalper before my very eyes.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Double VW on the shorts.  Guaranteed to produce loads of dodgy emissions!!

Bonus points if they got the VW on both asscheeks too

Edited by DutchBorderer

19 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I hope it will be absolutely horrendous and unpopular just so I can finally buy a cheap Saints kit  (tenner at the end of the season I hope). I came close to a Famous Grouse one once, but it was bought by a scalper before my very eyes.

You should check out the We Are Perth website. There's a guy on there that's based in the London area that sells off cheap Saints stuff. Look under any kit related thread and he's usually plugging his site there.

58 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Just going to come out and say that Ross County's new home top is absolutely smashing, I love it! And that's coming from someone who loathes Macron. Shame about another recycling of that horrendous can't-believe-its-not-tartan template for the away shirt.

Imagine signing a supply deal worth tens of millions of Pounds and then finding out you will have to wear pink captain's armbands (oh, I'm sorry, they are tiny red pinhoops) for a full season! Replicas go for 55 GBP, 'authentic' ones go for a cool 100. Arsenal confirmed this today;

5b04309f24642_DdyiHxmU8AAeX2f1.jpg.49b1dcdc70993557e65c1bc6ba0679f2.jpg

Puma continues their trend of giving Arsenal white shoulders, except they really went overboard this time. Not a good look at all as far as I'm concerned

Bonus points if they got the VW on both asscheeks too

That Arsenal kit is arse. Far too much white - Puma gave Rotherham a perfectly good example of what an Arsenal kit should look like.

rotherham_united_18_19_puma_home_kit.jpg

Our season's a shambles already, and it hasn't even started yet.  I want that Joma template that East Fife have for their away kit, except in blue.  That's how bad County's "bespoke" version is.

God bless Harry and Meghan.

ETA: It seems like Arsenal have had the same shirt for the last ten years.  At least that one tries to be different.

Edited by Savage Henry

49 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Hoffenheim, just a blue shirt, no gimmicks (surely this would work for Saint Johnstone too);

5b0449b79f5ea_DdUUmf2W0AMt_mF1.jpg.7c16503c5137f03a015a1ae3f1eccaae.jpg

That in the blue above would be bliss. 

Saint...thought you were better than that! :P