New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

Not sure if posted already, but these are Bury AFC's home and away kits for 2020/21, made from recycled plastic bottles, by Hope & Glory. Very smart and traditional efforts.

Bury are at step 10 (NWCL Div 1 North) as they begin what will be a very long journey towards returning to the EFL.11643771.jpg.5beb87ad5e1e8bd632f6ec93e91c692e.jpg

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Not sure if posted already, but these are Bury AFC's home and away kits for 2020/21, made from recycled plastic bottles, by Hope & Glory. Very smart and traditional efforts.
Bury are at step 10 (NWCL Div 1 North) as they begin what will be a very long journey towards returning to the EFL.11643771.jpg.5beb87ad5e1e8bd632f6ec93e91c692e.jpg
Both quite smart

The blue Liverpool top looks like any top that's aimed at the casualwear market as much as the football top market. It's no more or less offensive than most change strips nowadays, minus the luminous shite Nike have put out over the past few years

The Watford top is the worst thing I've ever seen. They're getting relegated to the Conference for that.

7 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Hope & Glory are making some nice strips (I started following them on Twitter months back). I've no idea about the quality though - have you seen anything in that regard? 

1 minute ago, Herman Hessian said:

Cagliari and Hellas Verona - pretty dull, the pair of 'em

Cagliari don’t usually have white sleeves do they? Makes it look like one of those patchwork half and half type strips.

4 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Cagliari don’t usually have white sleeves do they? Makes it look like one of those patchwork half and half type strips.

quite correct, and spot on, though they quite often go with the alternating red sleeve/blue half and red half/blue sleeve which has a similar effect; overall it looks a bit too busy for my liking, could almost be French from that respect

Verona's is just - meh - blue and yellow, nothing to see here...

ETA last time they had white sleeves was in 1985/86

Edited by Herman Hessian

On 03/08/2020 at 13:56, RandomGuy. said:

Hard to spot but theres a detail behind the badge. Kit also looks a lot better "live". For some reason the photos make it look awful.

EeQw1CrXYAMGwGz.thumb.png.35641c1013bd22c51ad24eb6d336769c.png

St Johnstone always seem to get a raw deal when it comes to kits. Macron have produced some cracking designs over the last couple of years but the two kits for St. Johnstone are just dull, looks like very little thought goes into them. I don’t know their set up but are the kits designed in-house and Macron manufacture them or do they come with a range and St. Johnstone choose? 

St Johnstone should just ask Macron for QotS kits and stick a badge on them. 

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

St Johnstone always seem to get a raw deal when it comes to kits. Macron have produced some cracking designs over the last couple of years but the two kits for St. Johnstone are just dull, looks like very little thought goes into them. I don’t know their set up but are the kits designed in-house and Macron manufacture them or do they come with a range and St. Johnstone choose? 

St Johnstone should just ask Macron for QotS kits and stick a badge on them. 

We've not seen our away top yet for this season, so there's still hope.

And its long been rumoured the issues with our shite tops is down to the club. Seemingly the manufacturers send a selection and someone at the club picks one, and whoever is making that decision has horrendous taste/can't be arsed, so just selects at random.

On 14/08/2020 at 11:12, Ron Aldo said:

At the end of every season it terrifies me that we me might end up with Joma. They've never made one decent kit imo.

Joma made my favourite St Johnstone away kit.

michael-ohalloran-st-johnstone-ohalloran-celebrates-rangers_3354705.thumb.jpg.9e47dbfc3f32bddf5251a4aa4e2c9a64.jpg

Their issue is they constantly try and over design things. We had some potentially decent home tops that were ruined by having daft underlay effects.

On 14/08/2020 at 20:42, Mr. Alli said:

Hope & Glory are making some nice strips (I started following them on Twitter months back). I've no idea about the quality though - have you seen anything in that regard? 

Apparently the quality is very good. Designs for the most part are nice anaw.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Joma made my favourite St Johnstone away kit.

michael-ohalloran-st-johnstone-ohalloran-celebrates-rangers_3354705.thumb.jpg.9e47dbfc3f32bddf5251a4aa4e2c9a64.jpg

Their issue is they constantly try and over design things. We had some potentially decent home tops that were ruined by having daft underlay effects.

My issue with Joma is literally every shirt of theirs I own is horrendous quality, design and material wise. Saying that I'm assuming they put in a bit more effort for the bigger teams than they did with the Clyde stuff

Edited by Toma_BullyWee

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've not seen our away top yet for this season, so there's still hope.

And its long been rumoured the issues with our shite tops is down to the club. Seemingly the manufacturers send a selection and someone at the club picks one, and whoever is making that decision has horrendous taste/can't be arsed, so just selects at random.

I think there must be a remit.  Motherwell have clearly asked for retro designs, County have clearly asked for modernist designs, and St Johnstone have asked for inoffensively cautious designs.  

For what it’s worth, Motherwell seem to be getting the best of Macron. It may be like their media department, and they just hurl a pile of cash at it, hire everyone from STV,  and make everyone else look relatively incompetent.  

Edited by Savage Henry

I think there must be a remit.  Motherwell have clearly asked for retro designs, County have clearly asked for modernist designs, and St Johnstone have asked for inoffensively cautious designs.  
For what it’s worth, Motherwell seem to be getting the best of Macron. It may be like their media department, and they just hurl a pile of cash at it, hire everyone from STV,  and make everyone else look relatively incompetent.  
I'm on board with the idea of inoffensive. The Saints top is just fine.

I'm also on board with the Motherwell tops. They are braw.

County, meh.

On 14/08/2020 at 12:42, Ivo den Bieman said:

Bury AFC aren't a "Phoenix" club as such, they've been set up by a group of fans post-Bury FC having being expelled from the Football League but the club still exists and is still in discussions to get a non-league allocation for season 2021/22, having been rejected this year. 

7 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I'm on board with the idea of inoffensive. The Saints top is just fine.

I'm also on board with the Motherwell tops. They are braw.

County, meh.

Yup.  The County away kit is pretty nice in the open air, with a pretty unique design as far as I’ve seen so far.