New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Spot the difference

IMG_20180509_103144.jpg

They probably increased the RRP every season, if I had to hazard a guess.

But hey, where did originality run off to? The Netherlands and a number of other National Teams have the exact same motif on the sleeves, and Puma has done a similar thing for Marseille (see a bit higher up in this thread). The button on the colour looks horribly out of place, seems like it's a change for the sake of change (I mean, consumers are stupid but you still gotta throw them a bone in order for them to buy new shirts each season).

EDIT; Puma gets close to perfection for Crystal Palace (taking over from Macron), but they went way overboard on the fade. The away kit is a welcome return to the iconic sash, just a shame about the dotted red on the shoulders;

DcxkRR5XkAEl9oi.jpgDcxkRR3X0AARarX.jpg

Edited by DutchBorderer

Should I laugh or cry about this? Chesterfield announce a black away kit....... but rule 7.3 of the National League rulebook states you aren't allowed to wear black as it is incompatible with the kits of the refs at that level.

drrr.thumb.jpg.2718130e690880da6925212d4ac78314.jpg

Edited by DutchBorderer

Bit of reminiscing back to a time before Lidl and Aldi too. Strip's bowfing though, looks like a toddler tshirt.

Love a swatch round Netto whilst I'm in Germany.

On 09/05/2018 at 13:44, DutchBorderer said:

They probably increased the RRP every season, if I had to hazard a guess.

But hey, where did originality run off to? The Netherlands and a number of other National Teams have the exact same motif on the sleeves, and Puma has done a similar thing for Marseille (see a bit higher up in this thread). The button on the colour looks horribly out of place, seems like it's a change for the sake of change (I mean, consumers are stupid but you still gotta throw them a bone in order for them to buy new shirts each season).

EDIT; Puma gets close to perfection for Crystal Palace (taking over from Macron), but they went way overboard on the fade. The away kit is a welcome return to the iconic sash, just a shame about the dotted red on the shoulders;

I agree with all your points on the City shirt, the buttoned collar looks very out of place. But it looks to be a move away from the skin tight football shirts which I am all for.

I think the Crystal Palace shirt is terrible. I always think Palace's colours are to vibrant it looks like a comedy football shirt. I think the same about Partick Thistle.

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I agree with all your points on the City shirt, the buttoned collar looks very out of place. But it looks to be a move away from the skin tight football shirts which I am all for.

I think the Crystal Palace shirt is terrible. I always think Palace's colours are to vibrant it looks like a comedy football shirt. I think the same about Partick Thistle.

Puma don't do subtle very well, and those kits are vile.  Macron, on the other hand, did a pretty decent job with Crystal Palace.

I find Macron slightly less bad than Puma, but I am still happy we won't see their toilet bowl logo in the Premier League next season (barring a Swansea miracle and any team's switching to them).

Could Argyle's new Puma strip find more fancy among us enlightened kit enthusiasts then? Long time sponsor Ginsters has a new logo and has ditched the red (on the kits at least);

drrr.thumb.jpg.78b6291f027f8bbf266d7342caf37319.jpg

I find Macron slightly less bad than Puma, but I am still happy we won't see their toilet bowl logo in the Premier League next season (barring a Swansea miracle and any team's switching to them).
Could Argyle's new Puma strip find more fancy among us enlightened kit enthusiasts then? Long time sponsor Ginsters has a new logo and has ditched the red (on the kits at least);
drrr.thumb.jpg.78b6291f027f8bbf266d7342caf37319.jpg
its not bad and the white sponsors logo if much better than the red. what is it with puma and logo overload!!? we get it.

6 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

But it looks to be a move away from the skin tight football shirts which I am all for.

hmmmm - one of the main reasons that i'm in to italian football is the clingy shirts that (most of) the clubs bought out a few years ago; of course, you have to be CR7 type ripped to get away with wearing them, especially with speedos and ma' crocs, but luckily I'm one over buff bean; peng a leng etc.....

I've never understood why shirts get tighter and tighter yet shorts get bigger and baggier.  Aerodynamically designed, grab-free shirts paired up with acres of the complete opposite doesn't seem to make sense. 

16 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I've never understood why shirts get tighter and tighter yet shorts get bigger and baggier.  Aerodynamically designed, grab-free shirts paired up with acres of the complete opposite doesn't seem to make sense. 

More of an arse man than chest. 

Hereford FC decided to accept sponsorship from Space Invaders, while En Avant (means as much as 'Go Forward) Guingamp have three matching shirts with a pleasing pattern across the upper torso that then get irredeemably ruined by a sponsor overload;

20180511_112837.jpg

Dc6DL1tWsAEi7kJ.jpg

Edited by DutchBorderer

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

More of an arse man than chest. 

well - from a personal perspective, it's all very well having the cycling-style lycra shirts to show of your abs and upper body sculpting, but you have to have decent sized shorts to let the beast swing free, if you get my drift...

;)

4 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Hereford FC decided to accept sponsorship from Space Invaders, while En Avant (means as much as 'Go Forward) Guingamp have three matching shirts with a pleasing pattern across the upper torso that then get irredeemably ruined by a sponsor overload;

20180511_112837.jpg

Dc6DL1tWsAEi7kJ.jpg

aye,those guingamp shirts would be nice sans sponsor

20180511_112837.jpg
Dc6DL1tWsAEi7kJ.jpg

That Hereford kit is beautiful...shame about the sponsorship