New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

55 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The price of football shirts has inflated astronomically. Wasn’t that long ago they were £40 max on release.

No idea how anyone can justify spending £60/70 on a t-shirt.

I would rather wait until end of season and pick one up on the cheap. Only exception being any HIbs shirt and any Scotland shirt even with SSC discount. 

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I would rather wait until end of season and pick one up on the cheap. Only exception being any HIbs shirt and any Scotland shirt even with SSC discount. 

I had half a notion recently to get the Scotland away kit ahead of the euros as it’s very dece. That was until I saw it was £65 - absolutely no chance. Especially as I’d only ever wear it playing fives or lounging about.

On another note while I’m ranting, why do clubs these days never show the full kit when revealing it? It’s always just the top now.

Eta - snap @Mr. Alli.

Edited by eez-eh

Just now, eez-eh said:

I had half a notion recently to get the Scotland away kit ahead of the euros as it’s very dece. That was until I saw it was £65 - absolutely no chance. Especially as I’d only ever wear it playing fives or lounging about.

On another note while I’m ranting, why do clubs these days never show the full kit when revealing it? It’s always just the top now.

I got the Euro patches added to both home and away shirts the other day and they were £3 per patch. As  i know in the future these shirts will cost a fortune to get as these shirts will become iconic. 

You better trying Ebay or Classic football shirts for old Scotland tops mate. Managed to get the 1990 home shirt for £35 last year in great condition. 

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I got the Euro patches added to both home and away shirts the other day and they were £3 per patch. As  i know in the future these shirts will cost a fortune to get as these shirts will become iconic. 

You better trying Ebay or Classic football shirts for old Scotland tops mate. Managed to get the 1990 home shirt for £35 last year in great condition. 

Presume you got the 1990 off Ebay? No danger you’d have got it for £35 in good condition from CFS. 

Adidas shirts are probably worth getting for collection only. As someone who’s collected a fair number of football shirts the years (stopped now since prices got stupid), Adidas are up there with the worst in terms of quality.

22 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Presume you got the 1990 off Ebay? No danger you’d have got it for £35 in good condition from CFS. 

Adidas shirts are probably worth getting for collection only. As someone who’s collected a fair number of football shirts the years (stopped now since prices got stupid), Adidas are up there with the worst in terms of quality.

Aye Ebay mate. Forgot to put that in :lol: . Thanks for the reminder. 

This season's Ajax away shirt is £41 with discount on the Adidas store. 

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Aye Ebay mate. Forgot to put that in :lol: . Thanks for the reminder. 

This season's Ajax away shirt is £41 with discount on the Adidas store. 

Nae worries lol, my point more being that the markup CFS give some of their shirts is a pisstake. Suppose they have to I guess but them and a few other mobs have driven retro shirt prices through the roof for everyone.

On 13/05/2021 at 10:58, The Minertaur said:

See if they just did the Zigzag the whole way across then I think it would be good.

Ruined it by adding the checked bit.

And the yellow bit at the side.

4 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Thats 'a cracking kit - thinki'd prefer it to be 'more' yellow but that could just be my eyes!

Nope I'm with you on that, it looks a funny shade of yellow especially next to the normal yellow in all the stuff they have in the background. Also looks better with the black shorts, but I see the actual kit is all yellow.

As for the prices, not sure why Chelsea think its acceptable to another fiver onto the already ludicrously high prices. Bad enough £65 for a top, but they're charging £70 for that new top. £55 for a kids top, £45 for an infants kit! 

On 14/05/2021 at 08:20, EdinburghPar1975 said:

It was myself that was looking for one, thanks for flagging that its there.....purchased and will be here Tuesday!!

After reading your post,  I had a quick look at the website and bought this bad boy. Club Nacional of Uruguay, 2019/20.

DE0AEF4F-A77B-4105-A027-39E33BA1768E.jpeg

B32E5C36-FF70-406D-947E-EF92C2EAB9D6.jpeg

Edited by qos_75

21 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Classicshirts are a rip-off company. Extortionately overpriced. If you're buying for collector reasons fair enough, but if you're buying to wear, why not spend £15 for a good fake, rather than £100 for a crap real one? 

Screenshot_20210515-025700.thumb.png.6466ddb479278765855a2557fec75aca.png

_20210515_025139.thumb.JPG.f681ac867dbd270b23e2f9d04d2f901a.JPG

Screenshot_20210515-025628.png

I have bought from a couple of these fake shirts sites before. It has been 50/50. On two times the product arrived and it was clearly a fake. Heavier material etc. On another two occasions the shirts ididn’t arrive and the ‘company’ went off line.

Don’t get me wrong, classic can be expensive, particularly if you after 80’s or matchworn kit. However, it is the real McCoy and you will get it.

Edited by qos_75

4 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Dhgate

Link please mate. That looks good. 

12 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Classicshirts are a rip-off company. Extortionately overpriced. If you're buying for collector reasons fair enough, but if you're buying to wear, why not spend £15 for a good fake, rather than £100 for a crap real one? Give them a good iron and no c**t can tell the difference 

Screenshot_20210515-025700.thumb.png.6466ddb479278765855a2557fec75aca.png

_20210515_025139.thumb.JPG.f681ac867dbd270b23e2f9d04d2f901a.JPG

Screenshot_20210515-025628.png

I have bought a fair fakes off Ebay in the past few years like Liverpool 89 home shirt, Holland 1988, Fiorentina's Nintendo shirt with long sleeves and Maradona's Boca shirt from the early 80s. 

You couldn't even tell they are fakes they are that good. Need to upload a photo of them. 

On 15/05/2021 at 01:49, qos_75 said:

After reading your post,  I had a quick look at the website and bought this bad boy. Club Nacional of Paraguay 2019/20.

That's a great looking kit, quite a few good looking ones in there. I've got far too many now and could probably do with selling as opposed to buying!

I've bought a few tops from a Chinese site. The quality is excellent and you'd have a hard time telling whether they're fake or not. Off the top of my head I've bought Roma, Sau Paulo, Internacional, Boca Juniors, Dortmund and Napoli.

These are the Roma and Sau Paulo tops I bought a while back. They're last seasons kits as I haven't bought anything for a while given we've not been able to play 5s.IMG_20190831_140853.jpegIMG_20190831_140754.jpeg

On 17/05/2021 at 11:15, Ron Aldo said:

I've bought a few tops from a Chinese site. The quality is excellent and you'd have a hard time telling whether they're fake or not. Off the top of my head I've bought Roma, Sau Paulo, Internacional, Boca Juniors, Dortmund and Napoli.

These are the Roma and Sau Paulo tops I bought a while back. They're last seasons kits as I haven't bought anything for a while given we've not been able to play 5s.IMG_20190831_140853.jpegIMG_20190831_140754.jpeg

Think i read somewhere before that those fakes like above are actually real and the factory/warehouse make more than they are allowed too. 

On 14/05/2021 at 11:39, Arch Stanton said:

You're right, the one I saw on twitter included a name and number but still, £120!!!!!

image.png.5f3f3f01814c8dbe1fcfdea3ddc57179.png

That's nothing compared to the prices for Major League Baseball's Nike replica shirts - $465 for an "authentic custom jersey"!

https://www.mlbshop.com/st-louis-cardinals/mens-st-louis-cardinals-nike-white-home-authentic-custom-jersey/t-14897732+p-3664400099762+z-9-3133079774?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c0:po-3

ff_3860091-27135749ba18a9819c30alt1_full