New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

31 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Driven by PUMA's brand DNA to be brave

I mean, I suppose blatantly putting in no effort whatsoever and seeing if numerous clubs will accept it is a kind of bravery.

Absolute horrorshows all round, but the one with the massive S sponsor on it (Stade Rennais, I think) is particularly bad. 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I mean, I suppose blatantly putting in no effort whatsoever and seeing if numerous clubs will accept it is a kind of bravery.

Absolute horrorshows all round, but the one with the massive S sponsor on it (Stade Rennais, I think) is particularly bad. 

Apparently Dortmund told them to f**k off after it was leaked. 

15 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I am a big fan of the design, it's very unique. The name across the front is such a cool feature and the effect with all the badges integrated into the fabric is amazing," said AC Milan striker Olivier Giroud.

One cannot have gradations of uniqueness, one either is or is not unique.

I wonder if that will fall foul of English FA kit regulations which allow a club badge or emblem to take up no more than 100cm2 (which sounds a lot but isn’t - it’s only 10cmx10cm, or 20cmx5cm and so on). 

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Something sinister about those kits. Takes the whole “football clubs are a brand” thing to a whole new level. I don’t like it. The shirts are absolutely bowfin too.

The badge looks like a watermark, yet the puma logo is front and centre 

Almost as if the Puma logo takes priority over the club

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

This is the Dortmund version that they knocked back after fans complaints when it was leaked 

A46E5EF8-3AF5-4FDE-930E-F7E036958164.jpeg

90 (ninety) euro for that???? 

You can dress it up with all the fucking flannel in the world. It may be made out of recycled Elvis jumpsuits/flange-moist vapour material but it looks shite & cheap.

It's the kind of thing a "legends" team would wear to represent their club at an indoor five a side tournament.

Fair play to Dortmund for telling them to bolt. As for the other clubs, imagine ordering a fake shirt from DH Gate that turns out to be considerably better quality than the actual product. Piss poor from Puma.

• 2 months later...