New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

That Puma template sort of works on international kits which don't have sponsors. On club kits it looks ridiculous.

Rennes and Marseille in particular will look ridiculous. French kits seem to be covered in sponsors.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm watching PAOK v Bohemians, the Bohs change kit is blue with three yellow stripes on the sleeves but is made by O'Neills not Adidas.

Adidas are famously protective of the three stripes trademark, is it possible that it isn't trademarked in Ireland?

O Neills three stripes predate Adidas and they are allowed to manufacture three striped gear in Ireland only. 

I have a couple of o Neills shinty hoodie and they are tesco two stripe

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

They're doing it for everyone.

The Russian one is Krasnodar.

These look like the knock-off shirts you see on stalls in holiday destinations…. Back in the days when we went to holiday destinations.

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I’m sure the Milan fans will appreciate the “AC” bit.

Puma have been awful for about a decade at least. Cheap tacky shite that looks like training gear and giving every man and their dog the same template.

Are they genuine kits or training tops?  No badges on them.
On the plus side, they seem to be trying to create unique typography for each club.   Although for Valencia they seem to have given up and gone with Univers.
If only they still had Arsenal, they could have used Comic Sans.

On 12/08/2021 at 18:09, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If those AMF people had any souls, this would be the kind of thing they would be objecting to.   They don’t, and they aren’t.  Just awful - and hopefully every other shirt manufacturer laughs at this.  Honestly, I’d rather have the Joma template range than this.

Quote from AC Milan website. I wonder if the other websites have quotes about a unique take and the same marketing pish. 

I am a big fan of the design, it's very unique. The name across the front is such a cool feature and the effect with all the badges integrated into the fabric is amazing," said AC Milan striker Olivier Giroud. "I am a big fan of the design, it's very unique. The name across the front is such a cool feature and the effect with all the badges integrated into the fabric is amazing," said AC Milan striker Olivier Giroud.

The new AC Milan Third jersey combines 100% recycled polyester with advanced PUMA dryCELL thermoregulation technology to ensure uncompromising fit and mobility, keeping athletes dry and comfortable. The jersey integrates an ultra-light jacquard structure into the back of the jersey to enhance breathability during intense performance. PUMA has also utilized an innovative Dope Dye manufacturing process to drastically reduce the amount of water and dye used during production, to further their goals of creating more sustainable products.

Driven by PUMA's brand DNA to be brave, the new design defies convention, taking inspiration from other sports and key streetwear and fashion trends.

Casper Stylsvig, Chief Revenue Officer at AC Milan said: "This new Third kit, beautifully designed by PUMA, revolutionizes the aesthetic of a traditional football jersey. We pride ourselves in being a progressive global brand, so this kit perfectly aligns with our ambitions. At the same time, it also celebrates the convergence of football, fashion and lifestyle, something that as a club we have always been keen to explore in our effort of positioning AC Milan as one of the most cutting-edge brands in the world."

"Our aim was to challenge traditional football jersey design. We wanted to look at the AC Milan Third kit through a new lens and push the boundaries as far as possible. It is easy to play safe, but we want to change perceptions of a conventional football jersey”, said Carl Tuffley, Senior Head of Design Manager Teamsport. "The Third kit presented an opportunity to be bold, so we wanted to reenergize these jerseys and take a new direction."